Saturday, May 31, 2008

Washington D.C. trip, Day 1

We are back from our vacation, and I just want to reiterate that be it ever so humble, there's no place like home. Actually, we had a great time, it was just a long drive (until 3:00 a.m.) on Friday, and when I got into the house I felt like it was the most wonderful place on earth.

Anyway, I'll share some of what we did, but I know I won't get through it all tonight, so I'll break it up however I get to it. Plus, it makes it easy to break it up that way.

So anyway, Day 1- We got up bright and early, remembered to load all three children, and hit the road.

It was a fairly easy drive to Kirtland. Hazel latched on to a sister missionary and held her hand throughout the whole tour. An interesting tidbit I learned at Kirtland--women often lined the inside of their bonnets with a peach color, because it would reflect onto their faces, giving a 'peaches and cream' look to their complexion.




We also toured the Kirtland temple. You have to pay $2 per person, which we hadn't expected and were quite flabbergasted when the lady told us. It was cool--the doors were really green originally. My favorite part was how the benches in the chapel all had doors on the end, so your kids would never be able to just run out.

Then we went to our very cheap hotel and let the kids swim in the pool there. Don't you LOVE Ethne's little bum?!



The end.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Wow. I am surprised at the 2 dollar charge too. Who knew? Sounds weird to be paying to view a temple. : )
Nice pics. Yup! She does have a cute little bum.

Shelley said...

It is interesting to see the differences between the LDS church and the FLDS church. Small things like paying $2 to see stuff but it makes a big difference. I noticed that at Nauvoo... and can't wait to see Kirtland in 2 weeks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails