Wednesday, May 7, 2008

List of Accomplishments

Things I accomplished yesterday:


  • Took the kids to the creek to play for a little while. I love having little kids. They're so thrilled just to go put their feet in the creek and grab some shells from the sand.


  • Cast my vote for the next president of the United States.



  • Took paint back to Lowe's to try to get it closer to the color I wanted. WHY IS PICKING PAINT SO HARD?!!?! Is it just me, or does everyone have such a struggle? I picked out something that looked carmelly-tannish-brownish. I painted the wall with it, and it looks pink. WHAT?!
  • Painted the wall (again). Now it doesn't look pink, but it's not really a shade I would have ever picked. It's not so much brown as slate colored, and kinda dark. Should I try to add white to lighten it? Should I give up and fork over the money to start again? Should I just paint the rest of the walls and just remember that I'm moving in not too long anyway? Grrr.


  • Went to a doctor's appointment with the kids because Brett is doing an extra job. It was okay, because the kids were really good. And Jethro was excited to hear the baby's heartbeat. While we were there, the nurse weighed all the kids on the scale, and Ethne's still only at 19 pounds. One of these days she'll hit twenty--I have faith!!!


  • Went to the grocery store.


  • Put the kids to bed early.

  • Made these cupcakes. (They're good, but mainly if you like lemony stuff. I don't very much, so it's hard to say why I made them. Well, actually it was probably because I was hungry when I saw the picture of them in a magazine at the doc's office (it being dinnertime), and since we went to the grocery store directly after, I could easily pick up a couple lemons and some seedless raspberry jam. Definitely an impulse thing. Now I'm wishing I had just made something chocolate because I don't really want to eat them.)

  • Watched Chicken Little with Brett after he got home and ate some popcorn.


[Some] Things I did not accomplish yesterday (I realize the list could really be practically endless, but you know what I mean):

Sweep my atrociously dirty kitchen floor.

Do the dishes from that day and the day before.

Vacuum my atrociously dirty front room.

But hey, I wanted to hang out with Brett since I hadn't seen him all day. So we watched Chicken Little instead. I don't really like that movie, but Brett had never seen it. Anyway.

Happily, I can report that now the dishes are done, the floor is vacuumed, a load of laundry is in the dryer, and I have high intentions of sweeping the kitchen.

And this crazy girl---I went in to get her out of bed this morning, and found her with no pajama bottoms on, nor a diaper!! Now, as cute as her teeny little bottom is, that's not a good thing. (Hence the load of laundry in the dryer.)

Hazel's pretty funny. The other day I was pushing her on the swing, but then started doing something else, and she said, "Come push me--I'm running out of high!" And then the other night after getting out of the tub and putting p.j.'s on, she said, "I've got to put socks on or else my feet will be colded to death!"

Now I should go put more laundry in and sweep, but I'll probably just finish reading a book.

4 comments:

Rachael said...

you might try adding the white--we did that to a 5 gallon bucket of creamy paint that ended up being bright yellow. they also added some color shot thingies to it and now i really like it on the walls.

yeah i hear you on sweeping vs. reading--abigail and i had to have some "cinderella time" with the kitchen floor yesterday. it was pretty bad. fortunately if we sing the cinderella song while we mop she thinks it's a game.

Lynn said...

Yup! I hear you on the paint thing too. Don't have any advice. I am still trying to figure out what to do with my pink walls. It was so "in" just awhile ago and now it is so NOT "in". Can't convince my Husband to do it all over again.....and I can't convince myself to move all the furniture to do it all over again either. *sigh*

MerryPair said...

Your pictures always have inspired me. I always take candid pictures of her, but I need to do better at taking really cute ones.

Kris said...

Good job on your accomplishments! I constantly feel like I can never get ahead when it comes to keeping my house clean! Love the fun pictures! When it gets warmer, I will have to take my kids down to the creek to play. Fun, relaxing and FREE! :) Not much experience with painting, so not much advice to give. But it seems like it ALWAYS is a different color than what you are expecting once it gets on the walls!

Related Posts with Thumbnails