Sunday, November 11, 2007

several non-related items

Daddy and Hazel came home from church and since our house was freezing cold, got into bed to read together. Aren't they so cute?

Oh, and how could I forget? Another day, another fiasco during sacrament meeting. Actually, it wasn't as bad as last week (since it was my kids and not me causing the embarrassment). Anyway, Brett was out with Ethne, so before I went up to play for the rest hymn, trying to avoid shenanigans of a sort that happened once before, told Jethro and Hazel "Stay right here on the bench when I go up to play the organ. Don't move or go anywhere." So, I go up, start playing the hymn, and hear Jethro YELL, "MOM! MO-om!! HAZEL HAS TO GO TO THE BATHROOM!" Grrrrr. I thought for sure Jethro had enough sense that he would know he can't yell to me up on the organ, but apparently not. But--you know, it was me that told him not to go anywhere. Luckily, a friend grabbed Hazel and took her to the bathroom so that Jethro didn't continue yelling throughout the entire song. (THANK YOU!) When I went back down and sat by Jethro again, he told me my face was red. Fabulous. He was actually felt really bad when I sternly told him that he is NEVER, under any circumstances, allowed to yell at me when I'm up at the organ. He started to cry and said, "I didn't know, cause I'm little. You're big, and Ana's big, etc." It was sad, so I had to console him and say it was all right since he didn't know. Never a dull day.

Kami (still on Arizona, Florida, and New Mexico climate--poor her in Chicago this winter) and her cutie-cute girls!

Kami, by the way, not only took our fab pictures, but let us stay overnight at her house on very short notice, watched our kids while we went to the temple (and while she was holding a fussy Ethne, she sat down and started nursing her without thinking, and then looked down and realized it wasn't her kid. ha ha!), and fed us yummy homemade pizza. Three cheers for Kami! I love family.
Awwww.


Kami's not the only one to get cool hats. (Although you can't see the hat very well in this picture, Hazel's face is so funny.)
This is what Ethne looks like after I tell Jethro to feed her some yogurt. Ha ha--she looks like little Jack Frost.


And Ethne's favorite thing--get out all of the things in the drawers in the bathroom. And if she can't pull them open, get to them by the devious route. (She did this at Kami's house too.)

4 comments:

Kristi said...

oh- Chicago- we only had one day there, not enough time to do much! fun stuff. great pictures! yay for sisters!

Anonymous said...

Hey this is christal thanks for the little note on my blog that is so funny that you looked us up in the big green book! Got one on my shelf too !There are so many bevans' that the book becomes a reference manual eh!! It was fun looking at your blog too cute family! Rebecca actually took the good pictures on my blog we are in the same ward, well were she just moved but we do a babysitting coop thing she set up its so awesome!! And she is so talented!! But you already know that! Thanks again for commenting on my blog its so fun meeting people through it especiall long lost cousin ha ha!! Have a great day! ttyl

Anonymous said...

okay I meant especially long lost cousins but it didn't come out that way !!

Amy said...

I'm laughing so hard about your sister accidentally nursing Ethne! And...... I know I'm way behind the times, but WOW!!!! LOVE those family pictures. I love the poses, the outfits you all wore... the cute kiddos EVERYTHING! (you must know I really liked them when I used CAPS every other word :))

Related Posts with Thumbnails