Monday, November 19, 2007

Happy Turkey Week!

Happy Turkey Week! (all you Americans, anyway.)

Well, I have to say that the other day when I posted about being so exasperated, the day got much better because I have such a wonderful husband. I called him to complain a little about our children, and so when he got home he stayed with the girls while I took Jethro out on a date. We went to Chic-fil-A and got a kids meal with a coupon he had got from school. It was funny because as we drove he was sharing everything with me, and he said, "Thanks Mom, for all of this good stuff." And I said, "I didn't get it, it was from you and the coupon you got from school." And he said, "....Well then you should say thank you to me." Ha ha.

Then we went to the mall and found him a winter coat. I didn't have any luck finding him one at garage sales this summer, so we ended up buying him one (fairly big in the hopes that it will fit next year too) for 50% off. When we got home, Brett had got the girls dinner and had them in the tub and had done the dishes!
On Saturday I went to the enrichment super saturday, and I finished our Thanksgiving banner. This is where I found the idea.
While I was there, a girl who moved here this fall was talking to me, and she said, "So....rumor has it you got married pretty young." Pretty funny how word gets around. I guess it's time to move! (That attitude stems from moving around all the time as a kid...once people start to know you a little too well, it's time to move.) Just kidding, I don't really care, it was just funny. So I told her the story, and then she asked, "So, if you had it to do over, would you do it the same way?" Which I think is kindof a funny question...I mean, how can you answer? Of course, yes, because otherwise you'd be admitting that you made a pretty phenomenal mistake right? Anyway, I know what she meant and the answer is yes, which is what I told her. But I was telling Brett about it when I got home and he said I should have said, "No, if I could do it again I would've married Brett when I was 15 cause being married to Brett is so awesome!!!" Haa haa--that would be a pretty great way to answer. :)
Look, isn't that the cutest thing in the world----cute little red piggies sticking out!!!! It's cute from the back, but not cute from the front so much, because her hair isn't long enough in the front. But anyway, it's fun to have a little live doll to play with. :)
And here's my amazingly smart, studious 1-year-old. :)

2 comments:

Steve and Katrina said...

Are Jethro and Hazel in that candy store in the mall? Those are funny hats! I didn't realize Ethne's hair was long enough for pigtails. They are so cute. I think that last picture of Ethne looks so much like Hazel.

I keep meaning to answer your question about Chandler's b-day. I think we are doing cupcakes during the BYU/Utah football game on Saturday. People will be here already so I figured we could just combine the two. That way I don't feel dumb inviting people to a 1 year old b-day party but I have people around to eat up the cake and ice cream. You guys are more than welcome to come if you'd like. I'll get you more details- once I figure them out myself:)

Maren said...

I love Brett's answer to that awkward question. I always come up with better answers to weird questions after the fact, too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails