Thursday, November 15, 2007

Grrrrrrrr.

I decided to close my door and pretend my kids aren't here, because I am feeling very exasperated with them. Unfortunately, as is usually the case, much of that is more my fault than theirs. Ruff. Jethro and Hazel have been fighting ever since Jethro got home from kindergarten, because Hazel has some fun stuff she got from a birthday party and she's not sharing, and even though it's all pink and sparkly, Jethro is feeling left out.

And Ethne strung out all of my feminine supplies all over the bathroom floor and hallway, and why didn't I put a child lock on that drawer after the first ten times she did that? I don't know.

And when I only had one child with me today because Jethro was in school and Hazel was at a birthday party, I tried to practice the organ but it didn't really happen because the one child I did have was Ethne, which is the one who demands to be on my lap always or she screams, and then she has to put her feet on the keyboard, or in any other way keep me from practicing.

And I was trying to do something fun with the kids and make a cool Thanksgiving banner, but then Jethro wanted to help more than I wanted to let him, and he was sad. So then I wanted to let him help me again, but he wrote in pen on 0ne of the letters and I sent him to his room, and then finally thought I would let him help again, he wrote on it again! Ruff! So then I banished him from helping forevermore, but felt bad cause was the point really to have a cute banner or have fun making a banner with the kids?

And all my dishes are not done because last night while I was making chocolate chip cookies I opted to read a book while they were baking instead of doing the dishes, but the really annoying part is that it wasn't even good.

So. Really it's not such a bad day, I'm just exasperated. So, instead of trying to get the dishes done or do anything else productive, I'm just posting cute pictures of my kids to remind me how much fun they are. Cause they are.

The kids watching Duck Tales this morning. Ethne looks like she's really involved. Ha ha. Being a big girl on a chair. She stayed for all of three minutes, but isn't she cute?


I took this picture out the window yesterday when the kids were playing in the backyard.


Ethne eating a green tomato that she found on the counter. She squawked when I tried to take it away.
Jethro and Ethne sharing Jethro's blanket.

10 comments:

Amy said...

Sorry about the exasperated day... sometimes you just have to have those. Thank goodness you have so many cute pictures to make you smile. That last one is seriously one in a million -- the looks on their faces are priceless!

Joanne said...

soooo glad I'm not the only one who has those days and I want to Growl at the kids. I love blogs that keep it real!

Kami said...

Kate, I have to agree that picture of Jethro and Ethne is adorable!!! I like Ethne's face watching Duck Tales too. I took that picture of the Chicago Temple on the way back from Lake Michigan. I decided to drive around the temple for Ana and she was excited because she saw a wedding couple. Sorry your day was grim. I only nursed Elena three times today. Yahoo!! I'll go for twice tomorrow.

Kristi said...

I hear you! I have those days quite frequently. I have a very hard time involving kids in things I do. we work best when they do their things, and I do mine! - but they are cute kids!

Rachael said...

those days are always such a bummer--but hurray, we're almost to the weekend!! and i think you have a good "cure" in posting fun pictures of your kids. I always start to love mine again while they're napping. :-)

Kris said...

I know what you mean! I seem to have to always remind myself when I'm doing things with the kids that the REAL reason is to spend time with them - not have things necessarily turn out the way I want them too! But then you always go back to loving them to death and thinking they are the best thing in the world! LOVE the picture of Jethro and Ethne - so so so cute with them looking at each other and smiling!

The Haws Family said...

Kayli, I have decided that none of your kids look alike. They all have very distinct characteristics---that, minus the red hair, would make it hard to tell they are all from the same family. But its funny, cause besides thinking Ethne looks like you(although, I wasn't born when you were that age...so its kinda hard for me to say) I think your kids are a pretty good mix of genes. Maybe your family will be like our family, without the hair color differences.

Charlotte said...

We've all have had days like that. It's easy to forget how adorable your kids are when they are driving you nuts. :)

Great pictures of the kids. They truly are adorable.

Mary said...

Thanks so much for sharing about your tough day. It's so nice to know I'm not the only one...

Marisa May said...

We all have those days, don't we? And with 3 I think they come more often, or at least that's what I think when I'm feeling exasperated a lot! Your kids sure a cute though!

Related Posts with Thumbnails