Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Visitors

So, going back a bit, our friends Alyse and Carlos came to visit.  Visitors— YAY!  Awesome friends we knew from way back when in Indiana-  YAYAYAYAYAYYYYY!!!  We knew Carlos before he even married Alyse, and were great friends with his brother Andre’s family.  In actual fact, Hazel is set to marry their son Dallin.  I’m 110% in favor of that idea!  Here are their engagement pictures from way back in Feb of 2007:

image

Anyway, Carlos and Alyse lived the past while (yearish?) in Portugal, and Carlos ran a marathon in Luxembourg and then they swung by us!  It was only for a –too short- day, but it was GREAT!  We took them here:

image 

Unfortunately, it was rainy rainy.  But actually, I think the Aareschluct was pretty neat in the rain with a little bit of fog.  It’s a cool place.  There were a ton of people there while we were there, despite the rain.  I think because it was a Swiss holiday.

  IMGP0097

IMGP0102 

IMGP0106 

IMGP0107 

IMGP0108 

IMGP0110 

IMGP0115 

IMGP0117

Alyse, why didn’t you tell me I should take my hat off for the picture.  Sure, my head was dry, but I resemble this:

image

IMGP0119 IMGP0123

Then we went to Lauterbrunnen and hiked up a short way near this waterfall.

 IMGP0142

IMGP0138

IMGP0146 IMGP0150 IMGP0153

Then Alyse and Carlos really wanted to go to the temple because it is where Carlos’ parents were sealed.  The skies actually cleared a bit and it was really beautiful out- yay!  The flowers were lovely, which reminds me, when my parents were here we went to the temple and as we came out we saw this weird contraption where the circle of ground where the flowers go was covered with a tarp-like thingee, and air was being pumped in by this generator-looking thing.  So Brett went and asked the guy what was going on, and he told him that it was sterilizing the soil and that way when they put the flowers in, they don’t have to worry about weeds.  Weird eh.

IMGP0155 IMGP0156 IMGP0159 IMGP0162 IMGP0164 IMGP0171

This shot is a lot overexposed, but I think it’s funny because I took it right as Carlos and Jethro started their race and accidentally just got them in the picture.  Ha ha.

IMGP0173 

Then Talmage drove the van around

IMGP0177 

while we all chillaxed on the lawn.

IMGP0178 

Alyse and Carlos are very likeable, can you tell?

IMGP0180 

I had such a great great great time talking with them.  I’m so glad they squeezed us in because it was really awesome to hang out with them.  THANKS you guys!!!

2 comments:

Alyse and Carlos said...

Kayli, you make me laugh out loud. I think you look great with the hood! Thanks for such a wonderful time! I'm soooooo glad we got to come and visit you. I want all of your fabulous pictures too, so I'll send you my email. By the way, we found a watch in Geneva for 38,000 Swiss Francs--we took a picture of it for you. (Don't worry, I made Carlos stop at almost every watch shop window and look). :)

Sarah Harward said...

My parents were sealed in the Swiss Temple as well! I wish I could come visit you, even for just a day! I love looking at all your awesome pictures of all your adventures!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails