Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Today

So, last night after Brett and I went to bed and had just gotten to sleep, Jethro woke us up because he was sick.  So we told him to get a bucket and try to go to sleep.  About ten minutes later Brett got up to clean up Talmage after he threw up.  Then ten minutes later, I got up to clean him up again.  Then Ethne woke up and said she felt sick, so we gave her a bucket.  Which she used.  Then Hazel, except she got some in the bucket, thought she was done, and proceeded to throw up on her bed.  Then I got that cleaned up, got Talmage cleaned up one more time, and went back to my bed, wondering just how many- or few, rather- minutes I would stay in that time.  Then Orrin woke up, so I fed him and he filled up his diaper so I changed him, and he pooed all over while I was in the middle of changing him. 

It is times like these, folks, when I feel I have a LOT of children.

Luckily today most of them seem to be feeling better and no one has thrown up again.  It is so weird to me that they all got sick within such a short time of each other—like maybe it was something they ate.  But Brett and I ate the same things they did and didn’t feel sick.  Oh well.  At least we got it all done in one fell swoop.

So- this neat blog is doing a giveaway today of my sister’s homeschool/summertime learning units I talked about earlier.  Go enter to win! 

And I leave you with this ADORABLE kid singing.  I love when he does this.  Sometimes he does it at church when we’re singing a hymn.  It’s so cute. 

5 comments:

Sarah Harrington said...

YUCK!! At least you got it all done at once. Maybe they won't get sick again for awhile.
Talmage is going to be the next Frank Sinatra:)

Anonymous said...

That sounds rough. So sorry. I loved Talmage's singing.
Kami

Christine Merrill said...

Oh my goodness. What a rotten night. I was up with a little hoser who wet the bed and was feeling sorry for myself...guess not, eh! Soooo glad it didn't continue, anyway.

Kris said...

Oh, how terrible! I would be SUCH a grouch after that! Glad its over now!

Lynn said...

Wow. Sounds like food poisoning, So weird that everybody got sick at the same time.

The video of Talmage singing is so cute. Looks like he is already taking voice lessons as a professional. He holds his notes with a little vibration. Cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails