Friday, June 24, 2011

Brothas

My little boys.  I looooove them!

IMGP9303 IMGP9308 IMGP9310

The thing about digital cameras is, since you’re not ever “wasting” film, you can just take a whole lot of pictures in succession, in order to get the perfect one somewhere in there.  Which is great, except then sometimes you have about 9 or 10 (or 20 or 30) pictures that are ALMOST identical, except the merest change in expression, which leads to GRIEF and ANXIETY and ANGST when trying to decide which one to put on your blog.  Not that that ever happens to me. 

IMGP9315 IMGP9316 IMGP9318

(There were more than those.)

IMGP9322 IMGP9323

Talmage sure loves his baby!!!  He’s very possessive and affectionate and sweet.  However, today he almost killed him and I honestly was very terrified for about 3 seconds.  I was helping Jethro make some chocolate sauce in the kitchen.  I heard some choking type noises, so I walked the two steps around the corner to the couch (it was pulled up really close to the kitchen table at the moment) where Orrin was lying, and saw his face all purpley-red and he was struggling to breathe.  I ran over, saw a big coin in his throat (a 2 frank coin, bigger than a quarter), grabbed him up and turned him over and I think I even said out loud, “please please” and it came right out and fell on the floor and Orrin was smiling and laughing again within a few moments.  But man, my blood was pumping.  I’m so grateful that I was right there, and that it fell out.  Sheesh.  Talmage had been playing with two coins earlier and I don’t know why I didn’t think to take them away.  Exhale. 

Anyway.  Today Orrin also got a shot at the doctor and was really brave about it.  And, I stuck a needle into a little blood blistery thing on Ethne’s thumb that was giving her grief.  So that was exciting for me.  I skyped with Brett tonight –it’s the second skype conversation of my life.  It was pretty awesome.  I asked a friend (Damaris) about a craft store, and she told me where one was, so I found that while I was in Bern for the doctor appt. and got a couple things.  That was cool. My downstairs neighbor Sidi is a chef and he brought leftover food to us last night and the night before that.  Awesome.  I actually exercised today.  Way to go me.  We had icecream and chocolate sauce for dessert.  It was delicious.  Ummm.  That’s all.

4 comments:

Steve and Katrina said...

Oh my, that is so scary. Just reading that gives me chills. I'm so glad you heard him and got to him and the coin came right out. I have never seen one of my kids purple and I never want to. Did Talmage put it in his mouth or is Orrin able to pick things up?? I've been thinking how I am going to have to start being careful in the next few months with all the little things around our house. Once Beckett can move around and put things in his mouth.

Anyway, I love love love those top pictures. I love the angle and the kids are cute too:) Talmage really is so handsome and good looking. He is just adorable. I love Orrin's fuzzy hair growing in. Too cute.

Andrea said...

Don't tell me stories like that. Ever.

The end.

Anonymous said...

Hi there!

I've been following your blog - something's clever - for some time. It is brilliant!! By the way, I lived in Bountiful, UT for almost 2 years. Loved it.

For the past few days, friends and I have been putting together a site with useful info aimed at Americans in Switzerland. The idea came up when a few other fellow Americans (and one Swiss) and I went out for drinks We've since written articles and look to compile lots of info so that we can feel more at home here in this wonderful country (more articles to be posted next week). The articles can be found at http://www.expatsinswitzerland.com/

Also, there's a blog section where we will be blogging about our experience in adjusting to the Swiss life style - and of course to digest all the beauty we are experiencing here. If you're interested in starting a blog, please hit me up. We're looking to have a few more regular bloggers.

Would you mind linking to our site? Also, any input/comments are highly welcomed!

Have a great Sunday!

Chris

Sarah Harrington said...

YIKES!! That was seriously scary! I've always wondered if I'd have the presence of mind to save my child's life or be frozen in fear. I've also always wanted to take a CPR class. You are awesome!!!!

And the boys are ADORABLE!!!!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails