Friday, March 14, 2008

worm story

So, I feel like it's been ages since I posted... but I was working on something else at first, and then I got sick sick sick, so I have been trying to stray from the couch as little as possible. I am still sick, but better than yesterday, so that is good.

I have things I've been thinking about posting, but for now, I just have to tell you about my very sensitive son. Today he went out in the garden and was digging around. Then he came to the door to ask me if he could keep a worm that he found, and I said no. Then he came back IN HYSTERICS, crying his eyes out because he couldn't find his worm and he was sure that birds would eat it. I tried to tell him that it is good at hiding in the ground, but he wasn't convinced. I tried telling him about how birds need food too, and besides we eat chicken, don't we? But he said he didn't want any other animals eating his worm. Finally I told him to go dig around until he found his worm and then dig a REALLY deep hole and bury it, and then the birds couldn't get to it. So he did that, but really---bawling over a worm? Crazy kid.

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Awww......he'll make the best kind of husband and father some day. : D

The Haws Family said...

Thats hilarious. Reminded me of a time when you and Wyatt lit a candle in the Roble's backyard and roasted a worm and then dared each other to eat a bite. Psychos. Maybe its a good thing your son is sensitive! Oh, and I am so very sorry you are sick...it is definitely no fun.

The Haws Family said...

Thats hilarious. Reminded me of a time when you and Wyatt lit a candle in the Roble's backyard and roasted a worm and then dared each other to eat a bite. Psychos. Maybe its a good thing your son is sensitive! Oh, and I am so very sorry you are sick...it is definitely no fun.

Andrea said...

That's sweet. It sound like something I did when I was a kid. . .

I'm sorry you are sick. . .I hope you get feeling better soon. There is a lot of sickness going around!

Related Posts with Thumbnails