Friday, March 7, 2008

For Lindsay

I'm trying to get my sister Lindsay to start a blog, but she says she can't--at least until she's finished with her Pathophysiology class. So until then, I take it upon myself to tell the world her news.

da da da DAAAAAAAA:

She got accepted to the Dental Hygiene program at Weber State. (She's already been going to school there for two years and has her Associates, but now she's officially in the program.) I asked her if she already works at a dentist's office, what does she need to go to two years of school for, and she said so that she can administer laughing gas and other anesthetics. So now we'll have two people in our family that can put people to sleep. Except, Lindsay pointed out, that she won't ever be able to give enough that could kill a person. That's nice. Should be less malpractice insurance then, right?

Anyway, the more touching story is that she was really really sick yesterday--enough so that she called in sick to work and stayed home and layed on the couch. No eating, no studying, nothing (and that is amazing for her...the no studying part). So anyway, she tried calling mom for sympathy and couldn't get a hold of her at home or on her cell, so she called Dad demanding to know where she was, and he said she was probably at such and such a place. Anyway, so he asked if she was okay (must have sounded bad) and she said no, not really, she was very sick. So he said, "Well, do you need anything?" and she answered "No, I'll be okay." But dad said, "Well, do you have some juice? I'm right over here at the credit union, I could pick up some juice for you and bring it to you (my mom and dad live an hour away near Logan, but dad works at Weber, which is in Ogden, where Lindsay lives)." So he came over and gave her some juice and some other stuff and a rose!!!!!!! Awwwwwww! Lindsay said she was so weak and sickish that she almost started to cry. Oh....what a great story.

And this from a man who has made famous ALL of these quotes in our family when we tried to get sympathy about some pain or ailment (sheesh, how would it be to be the youngest daughter?!):

It's a long way from your heart.

It will feel better when it stops hurting.

Suffer in silence. (I really like this one and use it on Jethro when he's whiny.)

Put a tourniquet around your neck.

Better amputate at the neck.

You'll either die or get better.


In honor of this sweet story, I found the only pictures I have on my computer with Dad AND Lindsay. They are stellar, as you can see. Especially this one, in which dad is chewing on his dinner, and Lindsay is hiding her face.

And this one is from when we were camping at our family reunion this summer.

6 comments:

Lynn said...

LOL! You dad is priceless. He is STILL Uncle Jack for sure. Cute pics of him and your sister. Hope she feels better soon. Congrats on her exciting news!!!

Amy said...

Congrats to your sis! My little sister just found out she got accepted to the same program at the same school. They should be friends :)

The Haws Family said...

I'll tell ya how it would be to be the youngest daughter----absolutely marvelous! Haahaaahaa. I ate an airhead yesterday at Megan's house---bad idea. I also weighed myself on her scale, and I have lost 7 pounds since I got sick. I still haven't eaten any real food. But I am feeling a little better today, so hopefully I study, take my test, and am better for the rest of spring break!

kaylani said...

Ok, the "It's far from your heart" one made me laugh. Almost something my dad would say!

Rachael said...

those quotes sound familiar! my personal favorite growing up was "You don't have to like it, you just have to eat it."

Andrea said...

Kayli!

My Dad said those EXACT same things. We did not get a lot of sympathy when we were hurt or were whining! LOL. That was great and very nice of your dad.

Related Posts with Thumbnails