Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Stuff

Today I asked Jethro what he would do if he had a million dollars and his first response was, "Buy lots of expensive things, because I would have enough money and even more!" Funny thing to say, I thought. Then after a little more prodding from me, to give him some more ideas, he said he would buy a motocross motorcycle for him and one for Daddy, and lots of science books. ?!! Where did this kid come from? Actually, I think the science books thing stemmed from the fact that we went to his school book fair, and I had let him do extra chores around the house that week so that he could earn a book. The book that he wanted was a hard-back book about reptiles. I told him it was too expensive. But still, kinda funny that that was second on his list of things to buy if he had a million bucks.

I really love dishwashers. They're kindof wonderful and miraculous. I mean, think about it--you can go to bed, doing nothing but resting and sleeping and you can wake up in the morning to clean dishes which just the night before had been dirty. Dishwasher, I love you.

Tonight for dinner we had navajo tacos, which is what my family calls scones with taco-seasoned hamburger on top and lettuce, tomatoes, etc. I haven't made scones in ages and it's amazing how much more delicious the same bread dough is that I regularly bake into normal bread, just by frying it in oil. Anyway. So, Hazel had got into the costume box earlier in the day and was wearing her Pocahontas costume at dinner. Brett called the scones 'Indian fry-bread' once, and then later, Hazel said, "I want more Pocahontas bread." Ha ha. It was so funny. She ate a ton, too--maybe just because of the cool name thing.

Don't you just hate things that fail at their intended purposes? Like bobby pins that don't even hold your hair up, or tape that isn't sticky.

Is it bad that I bought 5 or 6 dollars worth of chocolate Easter candy when it was 50% off on Tuesday and have eaten almost all of it?

Which reminds me, so on Tuesday I took the car on my first trip without Brett (remember our trial run together was Monday night). So, I get to Target, return a shirt I had bought for Jethro and decided he didn't need, and then go out and try to start the car. It doesn't even make a growl. I was like, "NO WAY!! There is no way I am going to walk home (we don't live far from Target) and call Brett and say the car wouldn't start. Especially when it started just two minutes ago on the drive here." But then I calmed down and wiggled a wire that had come loose from the special start up button you have to hold down, and all was good again. (No one would be able to steal our car even if they wanted to--which the probably wouldn't--because of all the tricky things you have to do.)

And finally, if you're still reading, the mooshy part. I was lying all cozy and snuggly next to Brett this morning because for some strange reason I happened to wake up when the alarm went off at 6:00 (I normally never do) and so I rolled over to lay my head on Brett's shoulder and he wrapped his arm around me, and it was just so comfy and nice, and I realized that it's really a huge blessing just to be able to sleep next to my best friend, and the one I love so much every single night. I remembered how, when we were engaged, I absolutely hated when we had to say goodnight and go to our separate houses and leave each other. It was so right and so wonderful and fun to be together that we pretty much were together every possible minute during the day, and it just seemed like we should be able to be near each other at night too (I realize that would have led to problems and have been a bad idea, but it just felt terrible to have to go our separate ways for that time). Anyway, and now I get to snuggle up to him every night, and it's something I don't even think about because it's so normal and I take it for granted. Anyway, I love my honey and I'm glad I get to have him beside me every night. The end of the sappiness.

The other night Brett was the first one to have to go to the corner for hitting someone in the face with Jethro's gun. The someone was Jethro, and even though I could tell it really hurt, he felt pretty awful that Daddy had to go to the corner for it and was trying to say "it's okay, he doesn't have to go, I'm okay." Which was sweet, but Daddy had to go anyway because that was the consequence. If it wasn't for daddy, the rule would have been no shooting people at all, but on Sunday he started playing hide-and-seek and get to home free before It shoots you, so we had to change the rule to no shooting in the head. Silly daddies. What would we do without them?

For FHE (which was a quickie-made-up one, since we had gone to the grocery store and were running late), we had everyone say one thing they loved about everyone else, and every single time Hazel would say, "I love Daddy (or Jethro, etc.) because they play Barbies with me." Hmm, she's a little excited about her Easter present.

I think that's all. No pictures twice in a row. Unbelieveable. I'll make sure to have good ones next time to make up for it.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

You are amazing! I love how real your family is and how adorable and loving you all are. Those tacos of yours sounds fabulous! I gotta try that.
Yay for learning all the quirks with your car. I don't know if I would have the patience. The clunks and clinks in my van, drive me crazy!!! I am always on Dean's tail about that.
BTW ---Eat ALL the chocolate you want girl. It makes one happy. They are great stress relievers! Well, that is my story anyway and I am sticking to it. LOL!

Joanne said...

you are soooo cute! that is all I have to say!!! keep the fun and mushy stories coming.

MarySquare said...

Kayli, so did it confuse you when you moved here and found out that "scones" are actually more like a dry muffin thing? I was so disappointed -- I wanted fried dough! We used to make scones all of the time as kids but they don't know what real scones are out here. I have to explain to my co-workers that true scones, are fried dough, and I will call them Indian fry bread when I'm talking to Hoosiers. Oh, I need to make some scones with honey butter tonight!

Related Posts with Thumbnails