Monday, March 24, 2008

Tidings of Great Joy!

I have a car!!! WHOOHOO!! AND...I can even drive it. We went to the grocery store tonight, and I drove it home and guess what--no problems getting it to go into gear. Of course not, Brett was in the car. We'll see what happens when I try to drive tomorrow...maybe the car hates me. Hmm, I hope not, it's the only one I've got. Anyway, I was so excited it was like getting a new car or something. Also I'm a little rusty with the stick shift driving. Brought back memories of learning to drive Pinky (moment of silence for my beloved first car that Kami demolished).

So, that's my big news. I'm a little bit sad because two of my sisters traveled to Utah for their spring breaks, so me and Derek were the only loners far away from everyone. And they periodically posted pictures of all twenty million or so of them riding horses or playing at the swimming pool or searching for Easter eggs on our family website, making me sniff. They're mean like that. I think if they have parties without me they should lie and say they're having a terrible time and they're all sick and no one can get along so that I don't feel so bad. If you want to see a few of the pictures, go here.

Well, that's all except one funny story. The other night I was cutting Jethro's hair and Hazel and Ethne were in the tub and Brett was doing the dishes, and we suddenly heard Ethne SCREAMING like she was really hurt. Brett ran into the bathroom and I listened, wondering what had happened. Well, she stopped screaming but was still crying, so I went into the bathroom to see if she had just gotten dunked or something. Well, she had pooed in the tub--nice runny stuff too--and was freaking out. (Hazel had assumed the position of straddling the tub with her feet on both sides to keep out of the gross water.) Then when Brett was cleaning Ethne off, she kept pointing to the water and jabbering in a very concerned way. Ha haah aaa! That kid is hilarious.

Well, I had more to say, but Brett wants me to come to bed, and I want to go get a snack before I do, so ciao.

5 comments:

Christal said...

Hey just to answer your question Darren runs deseret ranches here {church ranch} so we spend a bit of time at the ranches here, and darrens family has a farm and we have our cows and horses there and hopefully soon we'll get out of town Darren can't wait to move out of town someday soon hopefully!!
Well have a great week!

Lynn said...

LOL! The good old Poop in the tub stories. I can't tell you how many times that happened.
Glad to hear you got your wheels again!

Kami said...

That was hilarious.
From Ana

Anonymous said...

Actually we were in Canada so we were with family as well, sorry that you were the loner without family.

Brooke

Joanne said...

hee hee hee that is one of the funniest stories I've heard in awhile. poor Ethne and good for you in the car department. it's nice to be FREE! whee

Related Posts with Thumbnails