Sunday, January 27, 2008

Today

Today, church went pretty well...oh, that is AFTER Brett took Ethne (and so the other kids too) out to the foyer for the entire Sacrament Mtg, because when I went up to play the organ (yeah-before the mtg even started) Ethne threw such a fit that he just kept her out.

Anyway, we came home and had some very delicioso pork chops that Brett made for us, and then Brett went home teaching. I laid on the couch to digest, and pretty soon fell asleep. So, an hour or so later I wake up to Ethne standing beside me, and something feeling a little sandy is dropping from her everywhere. It is brown sugar that she and Ethne got into from my little lazy Susan where it is kept, and opened, pigged out on and spread EVERYWHERE!!!!! GRRRRRRR!!! Ethne had also spilled a great amount of milk from her sippy cup on herself and so she was dripping with sugar. It was tracked throughout the whole house. I was so mad. I couldn't believe Hazel would do that (though of course she said Ethne opened it), and I couldn't believe Jethro didn't wake me up and tell me!! (Yeah, yeah, don't pin it on me--just cause I was sleeping...I take no responsibility!)

Anyway, Brett came home after I had dumped Ethne and Hazel in the tub and was starting to clean up (not to mention there was cards and game pieces of a ton of board games all over the place) and he took care of the kids in the tub and made them stay on the couch while I cleaned up. And, he also contributed a bit of humor to the situation. First he said that we like raising ants at our house, adn then he said, "What is this, a house for ants?!" (Zoolander, in case you didn't get it.)

So anyway, I just felt so astonished that my good kids would do such a thing. It's my sister Andrea who's supposed to have the demon children (okay, demon child), not me!

Oh, and also I was going to mention that Brett and I went on a date on Saturday, and it was way fun! We went and played raquetball again (I'm already getting soooo much better...ha!), and then because our kids were at the babysitter's who lived on the opposite side of town, we just ran our errands before we picked them up. So, first we went to the shop at Brett's school, and he tried to fit a plug in this transmission that he's going to be putting in our car, but it didn't work because the tap wasn't exactly right for the plug that he had (the tap being a tool that creates new threads to screw something into--I learned that that night).
Then, we ran over to the church so I could go through the hymns once (yeah--I procrastinated really bad this week!), and Brett was monkeying around with the stops, and I told him to lead for me, and he was being all funny. Anyway, it just reminded me of how much I love to be with my honey! He was gone most evenings last week working shifts for a contractor friend of ours, so I was missing him. So, yeah. Goodnight.

6 comments:

Christal said...

Sounds so much like my sunday today its called I tried to take a nap, while dad went to a meeting and home teaching and I ended up with peanut butter all over my bed and peanut butter kisses from masen who had gotten into the PB that dad left on the counter before he left! Joys eh gotta love sundays and children who don't give us a minutes rest! Sacrament is always fun with kids eh sometimes I wonder why I go sometimes but then I think I wouldn't have so many good stories to tell about them later on eh!! Like throwing sippy cups at people or burping really loud the baby or getting in a yelling fight with your sister yah all true and really embarrassing did I mention I sit by myself every sunday for the last 3 years? Lie IS good you are totally right !! Well have a good week TTYL!
Oh did I tell you Keston and Cheyenne (Prince) are in our ward now?? She teaches in the primary so I see her every week!! Just thought I'd tell ya !! TTYL for real this time ha ha!

Christal said...

That was supposed to be LIFE is good!! oops

Anonymous said...

Kayli, I would protest you calling my girl a demon child except that, well, it's the truth. Sigh. I prefer Monster Miriam though--it has a good history.
Andrea

Kerry said...

That's funny. I remember when I was little, my mom never seemed to have any junk food or treats in the house. I discovered sugar was a great "sweet" treat. I vividly remember climbing up in the cupboard and eating lumps of brown sugar.I also remember eating sugar cubes too. I don't know why we had sugar cubes. That wasn't a pantry staple!

Lynn said...

Oh the joys of motherhood! Christal is SO right.....if it didn't happen what would we have blogs for? : D

I recall a time when my little man of 2 years, threw.....and I do mean THREW a little mini Tonka truck at the Bishopric on the stand. It barely touched the ear of the ELDEST man on the stand as it whizzed by and hit the back of the organ with a loud whack! I freaked and the WHOLE ward went in hysterics. I was So embarrassed. Okay...any thing metal and heavy was banned from the diaper bag after that. So glad I sit alone with Teenagers now on the front row for 4 years....NOT! Somedays I wonder how old they really are. Why do I sit on the front row? .....close enough for "dad" to give them the evil eye. LOL!

Hi Andrea! I just figured out who you were. Kayli can I get her e-mail address too? : D

Christal how do you and Kayli know each other? Went to school together in Cardston? I guess that is how you know Keston and Cheyenne too, eh? Say hi to them for me! Keston and his oldest sister use to hang out with me and my sisters at all the family reunions. Can't imagine him married now with kids.

Rachael said...

ok, so this is sort of like my day yesterday, where Abigail told me as we sat down to breakfast, TOTALLY out of the blue, "Mommy, I don't like you. I just don't." ARGH!!!!!! Those dang kids and their crazy ways! whatever happened to dreamy Sundays, huh?

Related Posts with Thumbnails