Friday, January 11, 2008

Conversations

A conversation with Jethro about names:
I was slicing olives, so the kids kept coming in to snitch some, and I told them that I have a grandma who's name is Olive. Jethro said, "Why did she choose that name?" And I said, "She didn't choose it. Her parents named her that when she was a baby. Just like I named you Jethro when you were a baby."
"Oh."
"Are you glad I named you Jethro?"
"Well, yeah, it's okay.....but I wish you would have picked Speedy. Or Flash."

A conversation with the missionaries about my husband:
--Hi, is your husband home?
--No, he's at work.
--Oh, we saw two vehicles?
--He took his motorcycle today.
--He has a MOTORCYCLE?!!!
--Yes.
--When did he get it?
--In the fall, but it's been in the garage, taken apart for the last little while, so he could play with it that way. Now he put it back together, so he rode it today.
--He takes things apart and puts them back together?
--Yes, it's the joy in his life, actually.
--He's really handy, isn't he?
--Yes.
--Is there anything he can't do?
Pause. --I'm sure there is, but I can't think of anything at the moment.

A conversation with my brother-in-law Blake about his new girlfriend.
--So we've seen each other pretty much every night for the last nine nights.
--Wow, nine nights and you still like her? That's a good sign.
--Yeah.
--But I don't get to see her tonight, because her BFF has to have some time with her.
Laughing my head off --Did you just say BFF? HAHA!
--And I don't get to see her tomorrow night either because her sister's husband is going somewhere, so she's going to visit her sister.
--Too bad.
--But it's okay, because I'm actually kind of sick.
--That is too bad.
--Yeah, I'm pretty positive she gave it to me. I guess I should've tried harder to keep her from giving it to me.
(suspiciously)--Tried HARDER?
--Yeah, she's really fun to kiss.
--That's what I thought.

6 comments:

Katrina said...

These are funny. Your conversation with Jethro is why kids do NOT name themselves. We'd have too many Speedy's and Pinky's and Brownie's runnin around. (Grace really did make us call her Brownie for awhile over the summer.)

Maren said...

I LOVE Jethro's name suggestions. :)

Kami said...

That's hysterical about Jethro's names. And the rest was pretty funny too.

Kris said...

I'm always impressed with how well you remember conversations and things your kids say! I seem to always forget before I write them down or get to blogging! They always make me laugh (Jethro's comments)!

Amy said...

Speedy, haha, that's a good one. Funny about your conversation with the missionaries too. Speaking of random missionary conversations... Some of the missionaries in our stake asked one of my friends to take a picture with them because they thought she looked like Scarlett Johanson.

Christal said...

Love the conversations to funny! And thanks for the comment on my blog gives us all something to think about eh!! I love the poor comment and sugar cereal so true eh!! There are benefits growing up poor we sure appreciate things alot more and learn how to have more fun don't you think!! Well hope all is good with you guys TTYL

Related Posts with Thumbnails