Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Yahoo to be YOU!

I started this post and thought, "hmmm, no new pictures today" but then I remember I DID take a few!!  So there it is. 

 Now, some inspirational quotes on being YOU! 

 Today you are you, It is truer than true. There is no one alive who is you-er than you! Shout aloud I am glad To be what I am, Thank goodness I'm not a clam, or a ham, or a dusty old jar of gooseberry jam. --Dr. Seuss 

 And now, one that is just a little deeper: "I have a conviction deep down in my heart that we are exactly what we should be, each one of us, except as we may have altered that pattern by deviating from the laws of God here in mortality. I have convinced myself that we all have those peculiar attributes, characteristics, and abilities which are essential for us to possess in order that we may fulfil the full purpose of our creation here upon this earth. Once again, that allotment which has come to us from God is a sacred allotment. It is something of which we should be proud, each one of us in our own right, and not wish that we had somebody else's allotment. Our greatest success comes from being ourselves. I think that we can console ourselves best by believing that whatever is our allotment in life, whatever is our call in the priesthood, the Lord has been wise and just, and I might add, merciful, in giving to us that which we need to accomplish the particular purpose of our call." (Elder Henry D. Moyle, Conference Report, October 1952) 

 So, we should all be happy to be US!! I am! Today I went on a hot date with Brett to Hour Time...I even bought a new outfit for the occasion. (Okay, actually it was the other way around...I bought a new shirt and thought we should go out so I could wear it.) Then we had fun shopping at Goodwill (a favorite thing to do). We took home a couple good finds, like a couple games for the kids and hoodies for me and a pair of pants for Brett.

Earlier, I ventured out into the freezing world to take Ethne to Target to get her 3-month pictures taken. (3 months already?!!!!!!) She did SOO great--smiled soooo big!!! Can't wait to get it back. Then we wandered around Target for quite a while, just because they were all being good and it was fun.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Great thoughts. . . and inspirational. Everyone needs to hear that once in awhile. I LOVE all of your photos. They are great. . .I especially liked the one of you and Jethro--it was so sweet.

Related Posts with Thumbnails