Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Clever Something #1


So, here it is.
Today we finally got snow and Jethro was SOOO excited. He could barely eat breakfast because he was so scared that the snow would melt before he could get out there and play in it. We did, however, make it out before it melted and Jethro and Hazel had a great time. They stayed out longer than I wanted to. :) Jethro did stay out much longer than me. Just goes to show...many times kids are buffer than adults.
You'll notice Jethro's pink snowpants...it's what we found at a garage sale this summer, but he'll be quick to tell you "they're not girly." Ha ha.
I did Hazel's hair today in a pony tail and she said, "I wook wike Taywee," which, being interpreted, means, "I look like Kayli." Funny! Funny that she realized that she was sporting my favorite 'do, and funny that she said Kayli instead of Mommy.
Something you might find interesting:
The highest officially recorded number of children born to one mother is 69, to the first wife of Feodor Vassilyev (1707-1782) of Shuya, Russia. Between 1725 and 1765, in a total of 27 confinements, she gave birth to 16 pairs of twins, seven sets of triplets, and four sets of quadruplets. 67 of them survived infancy.
Wow.
P.S. Nowadays when I tell Hazel something that's exciting to her, she'll say "WIPPEE!!" which means "Yippee!" of course. So funny.

2 comments:

Kerry said...

Holy Cow! She must have started having babies when she was 12, and been pregnant every year until she turned 39...or died!That's insane. Was it the same father? Maybe she was a "breeder" like in the book "The Giver". Crazy!

Kayli said...

I know, it's truly amazing. That's funny that you thought of that from 'The Giver." I love that book. Although I didn't like the second two...I think it was "finished" with the first one. I read quite a few other wild records when I looked that one up, like one woman holds the record for the longest span between children--it was 41 years or something like that!! CRAZY!

Related Posts with Thumbnails