Monday, January 22, 2007

Grain elevators and a C.N. joke







So, since some of you were wondering why I love grainaries I started looking for some pictures. Then I realized I meant grain elevators, not grainaries. I just love the feel of driving through a small town and looking up at the big grain elevators. It's just the aura--can't really explain it more than that. When I was a kid and we would drive up to Canada to visit relatives I remember that there were some very soon after we first crossed the border, and I think the excited, happy feeling of being in Canada stuck with them, perhaps?
Also, just as a side note, here is a cool photography link that I found while searching. Cool photography link. They were taken in Alberta, where I was born. :)
What else? Oh, I was thinking I should add a couple things to my list because I thought of them the other night after I posted:
-watching my husband play with kids
-smell of a roast when you walk in from church
-sleeping in
And I should add that it's not really dances that I love, but dancing. Cause sometimes it's just as fun dancing at home as at a dance. Anyway, that's all for now folks. I need to go be productive, and take a shower and all that fun stuff.
Okay, so when I was last visiting my family, my youngest brother Ethan was into telling me these Chuck Norris jokes he got from a website. He thought they were sooooo hilarious...he was laughing his head off. It was funny just watching him. Here are some:
Chuck Norris once got in a car accident and lost both his legs and STILL walked it off.
Chuck Norris doesn't read books. He stares them down until he gets the information he wants.
When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn’t lifting himself up, he’s pushing the Earth down.
Chuck Norris doesn’t wear a watch, HE decides what time it is.
Chuck Norris does not get frostbite. Chuck Norris bites frost.
Chuck Norris has two speeds. Walk, and Kill.
There are a bunch more...but after Ethan read this his big thing was to say "I'll decide." Like if my dad told him to go do something he'd say "I'll decide," (in a super-macho voice). It was pretty hilarious. Sometimes Brett and I will say it now too, like if I say Ethne needs her diaper changed, and Brett says "No, you" then I'll say "I'll decide!" Ha ha! Try it some time. You'll like it.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I'll have to admit, I've never watched much Chuck Norris. . .but I'm liking the motto. . . "I'll decide." I think I may try it out.

And BTW, I do leave dishes in the sink sometimes overnight. Ha. Ha. I was thinking about it and realized that I usually don't because Tyler often does clean-up after dinner, but if I do it, I often leave pots and pans to soak overnight. SO, yeah, I am having a night of CLARIFYING. :) Thanks for the fun FHE!

Andrea said...

Ok, and I have to add that I was laughing really hard after reading the jokes, and my favorite part was when you said, "Try it. You'll like it." I don't know why it struck me as so funny. Anyway, it was the best laugh I've had all day. :)

The Haws Family said...

I liked the "Try it. You'll like it." I found it hilarious though because I can hear Kayli's exact tone of voice as she says it. Haahaa.

Related Posts with Thumbnails