Thursday, June 6, 2019

Washington D.C. Trip

We decided while we were still here, we should go to DC.  Most of our spring break days had been lost to snow-day makeups, so it was a really quick trip, but it was fun.  

Navy looked adorable all packed and ready to go.



We got a leaky tire, so Brett put some stuff on it so we could limp to a tire store.



Jethro's friend Dylan came with us.  He's hilarious, I love him a lot.  So that was fun to have him along.


Here we are waiting.


But then they broke off a bolt when they were fixing it, and they didn't have a replacement, of course, so we drove to the air and space museum hangar place, and Brett dropped us off and went to get the part and have someone fix it.  So that was pretty lame.




Why is he so weird?!!!






I read this book on our drive and was sobbing, and Brett was like, "ummmm??"   Soo sooo sooooo incredibly good.  Read it.


The next morning, the girls and I went to the Botanical Gardens while the boys went to the other Air and Space museum.





We also ducked into the Native American Museum.  This rope bridge is for my sister Kami because it's like the one in Peru that is the last hand woven hanging bridge that she really really really wanted to go to when she was in Peru, but didn't get to.


There were so many pictures/sculptures of my brothers there!!!






This Sunstone from the Nauvoo temple was in the History Museum.


 This is what you do after you've been in museums all day.  Stretch out your sister to help her grow?



This corset thing is also for Kami.  :)




Watching Navy play with this kitchen at the kid area made me aware that she is a really TERRIBLE sharer.  She kept yanking things out of other kids' hands and saying, "That's mine!"



We stayed in an Airbnb which was quite nice, and we had Little Caesars two nights in a row and watched nature documentaries.






One of the nights we went to a free concert, which was kind of boring because it was only a pianist, violinist, and clarinetist(?) and I thought there would be way more instruments.

I like the monuments, of course.






When you go to the WWII Memorial you are morally obligated to take a picture in front of the state you were born in.  So here are the Hoosiers:


I decided to take a picture in front of North Dakota even though I was born in Canada because I went to high school there and I feel like it probably doesn't get a lot of love.


Good Utah stock!!


And Dylan and Navy were the Pennsylvanians!!!



I love Abraham!  He's my favorite!












So bright!



We were all so tired from all the walking of that day, and so Brett, Jethro, and Dylan ran back to get the van while we waited.  After waiting a long time, I got texts from Brett explaining that he was locked out of the parking garage where our van was parked.  I was like NOOO!!!!  There were many other people in the same predicament, and they called around, and finally found the building security guard who came and let them out.  Hooray!!!  Prayers of thanks.  :)


Sunday morning, our last day there, we went to Arlington Cemetary.



Tomb of the Unknown Soldier





Then we went to church in the American Sign Language branch where our good friend, Marriner is the branch president.  It was really interesting, and Jethro was super amazed by it.  In the Sunday school class that he, Dylan, Hazel, and Ethne went to, they said the person signed, and then the interpreter interpreted into English, and then they interpreted from Mormon into regular English for Dylan.  hahaha!  He may have been a little overwhelmed.   haha :)

It was a good trip and I'm glad we made it happen. 



1 comment:

Elena said...

That is so cool! I really want to go to Washingrton DC sometime, and I LOVED the bridge and the corset. I feel so included now in your trip. :)

Kami

Related Posts with Thumbnails