Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Our House

We're selling our house.  Therefore, we made it all pretty, finished the basement, cleaned up everything, painted doors, finished little odds and ends, and took lots of pictures.  Here you go, in weird order because my pictures got messed up.

This was just driving up to my house in a cloudy day and I thought it was cool looking.


Jethro's bedroom, built completely from scratch by Brett.




Beautiful front room.  Lindsay Ann helped me paint the walls blue soon after we moved in.  We also painted the trim white and switched out outlets to white.  Much much later I whitewashed the brick fireplace and Brett made me the most beautiful barnwood mantel ever.


He also welded the clock when I said I liked it and he saw it cost 200 and something dollars.  He's a handy guy, that Brett.  :)


Talmage, Orrin, and Wyatt's room.  It has never been this clean before or since.  :)



Ethne and Navy's room.


Hazel's gorgeous room, built from scratch by Brett.  It really is pretty.  (It also had a big bookshelf and dresser in there, but it looks nicer without, so we took them out for the pictures.)





Brett's and my room.




Pretty spring day, looking up our driveway from the front.



Kitchen.





Dining room.


Computer room.




Entryway.
























Back of the house.




Front door.


Stairs to the basement.  They were soo soo tricky, because things weren't straight and just a lot of things to figure out.  But Brett is a genius and they turned out just absolutely beautiful.






Nice hearth behind the stove and everything all cleaned up for once.


It's really a huge basement, even after the bedrooms were added.




Here's a little walk down memory lane of what our basement started out as.  Four years ago when we first moved in it was completely unfinished.





And here are more through the years. They're not in order.



Gahhhh!!!  Jethro was a tiny baby!!























These pictures are us writing quotes and scriptures on the 2x4's.


This is the boys using sheet rock as a ramp for their cars and trucks.


This is the state of chaos our basement was usually in.  Or worse.




What a lot of work.  Whew.  Brett has put some serious time, sweat, muscle, and brain power into that basement.

I have to put that I love good friends and people who serve and when the right person who can do the right thing for you shows up at the right time.  Brett had to go out of town for one week RIGHT when we wanted to list our house... so ALL of the cleaning up, very-last-minute jobs were left up to me to do with that verrrrrry pressing deadline looming.  (I must admit I was probably the worst mom ever that week.  Sorry kids!)  Most everything I was fine to do, but I was extremely daunted by the task of cleaning up the basement and garage, because it was full of junk and tools and stuff I had no idea what to do with (Brett had managed to finish the last things right before he left, but had zero time to clean anything up).  Every time I went downstairs I was completely overwhelmed and had no idea where to start or what to do.  My friend Brook (Orrin's good friend Kamdon's mom/grandma) had asked a few times if I needed help, and I said, yes probably and so she showed up and said, "Show me what we need to do."  And I said, "Well, I need to clean up the basement, but I'm not sure where we're going to put everything, blah blah blah," and she just started doing stuff.  And I don't even know just how it happened, but things just started getting DONE.  (She's a lot like my mom that way.  I wasn't really blessed with that magical power.)  And, in a whirlwind, the basement was done.  Tidy.  Things neatly put away in practical places.  The floor was swept.  Order brought to a place where chaos had reigned.  Then we went to the garage and made a lot of progress there too.  Then Jessica, her daughter, brought us tacos from Taco Bell, and I was so grateful my heart was overflowing.  Heart.

Back to present day.  We call this storage room The Cave.


Then behind The cave, there's another area that could be used for a workout spot, craft area, kids playplace, etc.



Fruit storage room.


The end.

1 comment:

Kami said...

I want to buy your house now.

Related Posts with Thumbnails