Sunday, June 21, 2015

School's Out

Here are pictures I took of the fence Brett built around our garden.  These pictures are a few weeks old and are plants are SOOOO huge now compared to then.  Also I don't think the fence was actually electrified then --oh yep, now that I look closer it wasn't even finished on one side, but now it's all finished and electrified.  Well, except that we need to put more wire under the gate where there's a gap, but you know.  Also I took these pictures too late at night and they're dark and that bugs me, but what can you do.




My flower seeds sprouted!  (Once again, they are miniscule compared to their hugeness now, but that's what you get for waiting so long to post.)


And my dahlias came up!  So much excitement!




I found Orrin laying there singing "I love you kitty."  :)


The kids got out of school on June 4th, and this is how the kids celebrated the next day--lots of shoveling! Wahoo!  ;)





A little baseball playing.




More shoveling.  Brett helping Wyatt.





Jethro driving the tractor.



Blue popsicles.  I need to post the video of how Wyatt says popsicle.  It's the cutest thing.



Brett and I went on a date and he liked this truck so I posed by it.


Before church a couple weeks ago.







Facebook statuses:

Fun with my essentially-13-year-old boy:
Today we were talking about what he would do if he were to run out of books to read (answer being die of course) and I said that it's a good thing there are always more books to read, no matter how many you have read. And he said, "Yes, but they're so expensive!" and I said, "Well, you can check them out of the library for free you know," and he said, "But they must be MINE!" and I said, "Well, then maybe you should be the owner/director of a really big library," and he said, "NO!! That's even worse!! People would manhandle them! And read them!!" Indeed. smile emoticon
And then later I said, "Oooooooohh !" really loud and then paused and he broke in, "Got a whale of a tale to tell ya, lads
A whale of a tale or two
'Bout the flappin' fish and the girls I've loved
On nights like this with the moon above
A whale of a tale and it's all true
I swear by my tattoo
There was Mermaid Minnie, met her down in Madagaskar
She would kiss me, any time that I would ask her
Then one evening her flame of love blew out
Blow me down and pick me up!
She swapped me for a trout"
I love Jethro.

Dear Mom, I love you because you care for me so I don't die and suffer. Sincerely, Ethne Bell (she was writing a letter for a Faith in God requirement and I told her she had to be specific and write reasons why she respected/admired who she was writing it to, and this is what she came up with)

Embarrassing story: So in our master bathroom the lock on the door is a little bit tricky to unlock, requiring a little shaking while you turn the knob, but usually no problem. Today however, I did the little shaking and turning to no avail. So I tried some more and some more. Then I felt the little knob break and it just twisted all the way around and around. Oh dear. I had no phone, and Orrin doesn't know his numbers so I couldn't tell him to call anyone. So I told Orrin to go to our neighbor's house to have him come get me out. The first house he went to (the family we know pretty well) nobody answered, so he went to another house and got a guy to come with back with him. When he arrived at the bathroom door he said, "Are you okay?" and I explained the situation, and he said, "That scared the crap out of me- your son was saying, 'My mom needs help! My mom needs help!'" And I was thinking, 'Well, it's kind of embarrassing the crap out of me, so we're even.' But he got a screwdriver from Brett's toolbox and opened the door to free me and I was like, "Nice to meet you." And as he left I said, "Thanks for being a knight in shining armor," and he said, "It's what I do."  

I flexed my bicep at dinner tonight (because sometimes I do) and Ethne exclaimed, "Where'd you get that?!"

'Our Relief Society bulletin a few weeks ago reported, "Sister Edwards, who had back surgery, said she's well enough now to be up and cleaning out a few drawers." And I thought, Wow, I've never felt that good.' --Janice Kapp Perry (I love her!!) 

1 comment:

kami said...

Ah I love it! Post more of your garden!

Related Posts with Thumbnails