Thursday, October 17, 2013

First Beach Post

So, then we got up at 4:30 in the morning and walked to the bus and rode the bus for 40 minutes to the airport and then we flew to Milos, a small Greek island.  The flight took oh, 10 minutes.  Okay, longer than that, but it felt like 10 minutes.  Very short, anyway.

So I had organized a rental car, but they were out of cars and offered me a jeep at the same price.  Obviously I took them up on their offer, and I was so eager for Brett to know but I kept it a secret until we arrived.  Then I walked up to the jeep and Brett was pretty excited.

So we drove to our new home in Pollonia (mostly everywhere on the island takes within 10 minutes to get to, it seems like) and Brett and Wyatt went to sleep.  I wasn't tired so I walked around and took some pictures.

I love traveling in October.  Perfect weather, no crowds-- in fact, hardly any people at all.  Tons of the people we did see were German or Swiss chasing sun on their Fall break, like us.












Then I roused Brett, and we went off to explore.  That was pretty much my itinerary for every day on the island-- explore beaches.  We started out with Papafragas.







Have I mentioned how much I love the ocean?  I told Brett if I were a old spinster woman I'd live in a little house by the sea.  I asked him if he were a mean old man if he would live by the sea and he said no.






The color of the water is just absolutely MESMERIZING.  Oh I love it love it.



So, you can't even tell from the picture because there's nothing there for perspective, but these cliffs are indeed very high!


And below I think is what is in actuality Papafragas-- I swam there a few days later, I will show you those pictures later.




Nope, changed my mind.  I'll show the pictures of me swimming here right now (just be aware that it's a different day- and in the evening rather than the morning- and with Brett's phone camera instead of my nice one).  It's actually roped off with a sign that says not to go down, which is really weird because it's super easy to go down the little path.  I figure somebody must have gotten hurt there.
  








  



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails