Wednesday, October 7, 2009

walking, watches, and stuff



Talmage is walking!!! So now, when Kami says that Isabel is walking (has, in fact, been walking for a long time), climbing up and down stairs, saying 5-10 words, and generally being an over-achiever, I can say--Watch the video!! He walks, and he also clearly says his (one) word. "Gwah." He says it, he says it often, and he says it well. :)

But just because he learned to walk doesn't mean he gets to grow up!! I demand that he still is my baby! He got a haircut too, and I cut it way too short-he looks like a huge kid now instead of my sweet LITTLE baby!! Waaah!

So, life is good. We're waiting. And that's fine, but the only thing is, it's getting cold. And the trouble with that is, all our warm clothes are packed for Switzerland. The things we left out in our suitcases were August clothes (being packed in August, you see). And by packed for Switzerland I mean vacuum-packed, stuffed-in, weighed in as close to 50 pounds as possible without going over. So, getting things out is a bit troublesome. But I've pulled out a few things so as not to freeze.

I went to Jethro and Hazel's parent-teacher conferences and Jethro was so ahead in reading that he doesn't even go with his class to their reading group. He stays in his own classroom and gets to read novels and then do online quizzes for them. Isn't that unfair--when I was in school I never got an hour of free-reading time.

So, last weekend when we were in Salt Lake City (I almost typed Chicago, ha ha), Brett showed the Mercedes to a guy, and he bought it. Goodbye, Sadie.
We have also sold our piano, we, okay I should say I, want to sell the motorcycle, I've sold my plasma (which, I should tell you, is pretty much THE perfect job. You get paid to relax and read a book for an hour or two. Awesome.).

Although we've been selling and getting rid of stuff, I have this strange urge to buy lots of things too, as if I won't be able to buy anything in Switzerland and I have to stock up. One of the things I want to buy is necklace. I've been looking on etsy, and I found these two that I like, but can't decide which one I like better. Simple and sweet. (The top one would be silver too.)

And I LOVE this watch. Fossil boyfriend watch.
Because really, I love mens watches much much more than womens watches. Just like I like the smell of mens deodorant more than womens. Except now Secret came out with vanilla scented and I actually like it. Anyway.

Oh, here's a funny story I was going to tell a long time ago but always forgot. When we were in Vernal, I got a haircut from Brett's cousin. When I came home I asked Hazel what she thought and she said, "It's BEAUTIFUL!!" and gushed for awhile. (I really love that Hazel.) Then I asked her what she thought Daddy was going to say when he saw it, and she thought for a minute and said, "What in TARNATION!" Ha ha haa! Awesome.

3 comments:

Maren said...

I vote for the top necklace. Do we get a vote? Well, even if we don't, that's my vote. :)

Kristi said...

what in tarnation- I love it!
I have a necklace I bought on etsy very much like the second one- it has a k on it. I love it.
that first one is so very pretty too.
good luck deciding. they are both great!

Kris said...

I love Fossil watches! At least Brett would actually SAY something - Kent didn't say a WORD - just smiled! (check out my blog). Talmage is getting so big, but is as cute as ever! I like the top one too. A friend of mine ordered a cute soldered pendant necklace for her little girl's baptism - way cute!- from etsy at LilyLane (but it looks like you were wanting something smaller). Anyway, AWESOME photo shoot!!!!! You're becoming quite the photographer too (have you checked out Ashley S's blog much?). The horse's expression in that one is HILARIOUS!!!! And I think Hazel looks kind of like your niece in the brown shirt. When do you guys leave?

Related Posts with Thumbnails