Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Happy 8 Years to us!!

So, yesterday was Brett's and my anniversary. 8 years!-----that's some crazy stuff. CRAY-ZEE. But, to celebrate the occasion I thought I would inundate you with pictures of me and my honey because I love him and I love us, and then tell you a funny story about when we were first married. And if you STILL haven't got enough of us, you can read in much detail about our hooking up - part 1, part 2, and part 3.

First, what we did to celebrate last night (but the pictures are out of order and won't move. ruff): We went to the batting cages,
then we went to McDonald's to pick up a movie from the redbox, and while we were there we got icecream cones (and I said, "I like getting soft serve icecream every once in a while, it's yummy," and he said, "mmm, it's good but it's a little too sweet, and it reminds me of feeding pigs." because they used to get old icecream and milk to give to their pigs and they'd often eat some of the goodies. Most people I know don't associate soft-serve icecream with feeding pigs, but there you go.),
then we went to the park and played catch to break in Brett's new mitt,
then we came home to get the motorcycle and went for a drive.

I'm a little sad that I forgot that Brett had had a helmet on and so his hair kinda looked funny. Oh well.

And here is a hodge-podge of pictures from the years, beginning with one from our wedding.
Go Aggies!
Camping in the mountains before we moved to Indiana.
At Kami's wedding.
Before Andrea's wedding, helping Kami reflex roses. (Or eating them?)


This was at an award's banquet for the College of Communicative Disorders and Deaf Ed. The crown I'm wearing has a picture of a brain on it because I got the high score in the Neurology class. I got a few other awards, but I think that was my proudest achievement. The prof told us about the crown at the beginning of the class, and I wanted it! (wouldn't you?) :)
One of the few pictures before we were married, or even engaged.
Anybody recognize that beautiful mountain?

Brett's so hot.
Smoochie.
The end (of the pictures).
Okay, so the promised funny story. I guess since I've been married 8 years now I'm old enough and mature enough to be able to share this. j/k, I've told it before quite a bit, but I don't think I've ever shared it on here (I think...except it seems like I maybe have. But I can't remember). Anyway.

So, after we got married I wanted to get a new driver's license since I only had my North Dakota one and I wanted to get my name changed too. So I went to the license place, took the test, filled out the forms, got my picture taken, said hi to a guy that I knew from working with at the cheese factory for a couple days, and was finally paying the guy so I could pick up my license and go. The guy was ready to hand it to me when a different lady came by and looked over his shoulder at the clipboard and noticed my age written there. And she said, "You're 17?" And I said "Yes." And she said, "Then you'll need a parent's signature." And I was like, "No, no, you see--I'm married. Here's my marriage certificate," (brought in case of just such an occasion-- when I had signed up at the temporary work place they had had no problem with my age as long as they had a copy of my marriage cert.). But she's like, "Sorry. If you're not 18 you have to have a parent or guardian signature."
Ruff, ruff, and ruff.
I had to leave and Brett had to come in later and sign AS MY GUARDIAN so I could get my license.
And you know, the silly thing was, this was in August, so I was turning 18 in a week or two. Why didn't I just wait? Oh well.

It's been the best 8 years ever. Can't wait to see where the next 8 years take us.

12 comments:

Kristi said...

17! that still shocks me. you two are so cute. happy anniversary!

Tracy said...

Happy Day (two days late)! Which makes me wonder, why were YOU NOT AT VOLLEYBALL LAST NIGHT?????

Love the story, how embarrassing for you! Definitely Ruff.

dana said...

Congrats! Such fun pictures. You guys are an adorable couple. I can see why your kids are so dang cute.
Wait, you got married at 17? So you're only 25?! Awesome!

- dana
(danawillard@gmail.com)

Kirsta and Morian said...

so, is the 4th your annivarsary? i was thinking it was the 5th. but if it is the 4th, then i got married on your 5th anniversary. how funny! sounds like you guys had a lot of fun! and i remember you telling me that story about your license. too funny!

Katrina said...

I still can't believe you were married at 17. i'm sure you are sick of hear that though so Happy Anniversary!

A similar thing happened to my husband's cousin. She got married at 18 and had a baby right away. At the hospital she was considered a teenage pregnancy and her husband had to sign some form too.

The Haws Family said...

I know the mountain! It's Old Chief! And I want a summer home there! Can't believe if I was you I woulda been married for three years now, schnikeys!

Jessica said...

So funny! I love a good laugh! Happy Anniversary!

Sarah Harward said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE!! This must have been a popular week to get married, I have three friends on my bloglist who wrote an Anniversary post this week. Crazy!

p.s. Feel like taking some cute pics of my fam sometime soon?

Polly said...

you are such a cute couple- I think I want to hate you. Ugh- unable to hate since you are funny and nice and not just cute. Beware though if you lose the funny and nice I will hate you.

Kami said...

My question is, How do you get your husband to take pictures with you???? Leo refuses. YOu have soooo many good ones. Loved it. Congrats. Good thing I lived next door to him, eh?

Joanne said...

you guys are so stinkin' cute and I loved the "as the time goes by pictures" here's to another fabulous 108 years!!!

Lynn said...

I left home at 17. Never thought I'd want to be married though. That is awesome. You found a GOOD one!

I'm with Kami....it's nice that Brett will pose for pictures with you....they are all FANTASTIC!

And yes, I recognize the mountain too. I miss hiking it with my grandpa.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Related Posts with Thumbnails