Sunday, February 24, 2008

New skirt!

I made Hazel a skirt and I thought it ended up so cute! I was worried for a while, because I was thinking I might as well give up sewing, considering I apparently can't cut straight, sew straight, or follow directions correctly the first time. But after you get the elastic in so that it bunches up, you really can't tell if anything is straight anyway. It was really easy and I think it would be super quick, except I didn't really do it all at once. So, if you want to give the Twirly Skirt a try, here's the tute. Of course, part of the fun of sewing is making sure you have a matching hair accessory, so here's the link for the fabric flower that I used.


And here's some more fun pictures from our day. I love this one of Jethro and Ethne, because it REALLY shows how their relationship is lately. Jethro is such a BROTHER!!! He's always bugging her, poking her, flicking her, bouncing something off her head, etc. etc. etc.!!

And here's a cute funny picture. Daddy LOVES piggy tails, so he requested them today. They were pretty darn cute.

And me and my sweet girlie.
Yesterday was a fun, full day. In the morning I had a stake RS thing to go to, and Brett took the kids to Lowe's where they made a little bird feeder. Then they met me up at the church so we could clean because it was our week. After that, we went to the library for a while and picked up our prizes for a reading thingee. Then we decided to go use our prize at Culver's Frozen Custard. We got there right at the same time as another family in our ward, so we had fun sitting by them and visiting. Then we went to a few stores to look at shoes for Brett, and then we came home and by the time we had dinner it was time for the kids to get bathed and in bed. So. It was a nice bright and sunny day--perhaps my rant about the snowy coldness was useful.

9 comments:

MerryPair said...

I am so impressed with your sewing skills! I hated wearing homeade stuff when I was younger, but if I had stuff like that, i would have loved it! Way to go.

Lynn said...

I am totally impressed with your sewing skills.....I have none! Zilch! Zip! Notta! Very cute colors you picked.

Kristi said...

very cute skirt- and the matching hair thingy- fabio! Did you just stitch it onto a clip? I should do something like that to go with my girls easter dresses!

Rebecca said...

Very cute skirt! I love the picture of Ethne and Jethro. It looks like Ethne is yelling "Mooooom!" Sounds like you had a perfectly, busy and fun day!

Kris said...

LOVE the adorable skirt and head piece!!!! I really should make some cute skirts for Morgan, but I just don't seem to find time. How do you do it with three (AND WHAT!? A FOURTH IN TOW!!!??? :) I just looked at the bottom of your blog! Congrats!) kids??? I guess if I didn't have to work I might have more time - um, no, probably not, b/c I would probably just lounge around longer in the mornings! It was so fun chatting with you on Saturday, wish it could have been longer! Maybe when it's warmer we can get together again!

Christal said...

Wow love the outfit great job!! They all look so cute! I have no sewing skills!! Awesome job! Life eh looks like your having fun and keeping so busy!! Your kids are adorable!

Lynn said...

Oh My goodness! Someone else is sure on the ball.....I didn't even notice your baby ticker at the bottom.
CONGRATULATIONS! You guys are awesome. How fun.

jessica said...

love that skirt. you are so talented.
you have super cute hair.

Christina said...

That's a very cute skirt Kayli. I am impressed! Do you think that would look cute on a 6 month old? I want to make one for Anika.

Related Posts with Thumbnails