Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Movies

Here are some of my favorite movies in no particular order. Some of them are classics, and I'm sure you've seen them--in which case, you'll enjoy reminiscing reading the quotes. But if you haven't seen one, you really should!


(By the way, Brett's favorite part of this movie is at the beginning when Willow is plowing with a pig. Guess it comes from his pig-farmer roots.)
Madmartigan: Did I really... Did I really say those things, last night, in your tent?
Sorsha: You said you loved me.
Madmartigan: I don't remember that.
Sorsha: You lied to me.
Madmartigan: No, I... I just wasn't myself last night. Sorsha: I suppose my power enchanted you and you were helpless against it.
Madmartigan: Sort of.
Sorsha: Then what?
Madmartigan: It... went away.
Sorsha: Went away? "I dwell in darkness without you" and it *went away*?

[Willow has unknowingly turned Fin Rizelle into a goat]
Fin Raziel: W-w-i-l-l-o-w! You i-i-i-i-d-iot!

Madmartigan: What are you going to look like if this works?
Fin Raziel: Don't interrupt.
Madmartigan: Sorry.
Fin Raziel: I'm a young, beautiful woman.
Madmartigan: Concentrate, Willow!

Rool: [to the tavern cat] You are so beautiful! Your eyes! Your whiskers! I have to kiss you!

This movie honestly is SOOO good! It makes me cry every time I watch it (and I don't cry often in movies). Plus, it's the movie that made me really want to name one of my sons Wiley, but since Brett adamantly vetoed that idea, I guess I'll have to settle for something else. Anyway, if you haven't seen this, WATCH IT!

Lucille: I'm the kind of girl who can resist anything but temptation.

Peejoe: Uncle Dove, do you really think Aunt Lucille stole that car?
Dove Bullis: Absolutely. Baby sister wants a car, she's gonna get one!





Robin Hood is SOOO good. Loved it since I was about nine or so. But it's still good now. Make sure you get the right version.

Maid Marian: And you, good rogue, have my gracious leave to pine and fret till my return.
Robin Hood: Oh, why should I?
Maid Marian: To please a lady.
Robin Hood: I could please myself to take up the cross and follow my king to the Holy Land.
Maid Marian: 'Twould come to the same thing in the end. Chop a few heads enough you'd come back a knight. As a knight you'd go jousting a tournament, to please a lady, and have your own head chopped off.
Robin Hood: It would be worth it.
Maid Marian: Is she so passing fair?
Robin Hood: Aye
Maid Marian: Describe her to me, Robin.
Robin Hood: Well... she's....
Tyb: Marian! Come now!
Robin Hood: You're father's waiting.
Maid Marian: I know, I know. Tell me quickly.
Robin Hood: Well, she's tall and stately with bonnie blue eyes and golden hair. (Maid Marian has dark hair and is short and small.) And above all she's sweetly tempered. [Marian kicks Robin in the shin]
Robin Hood: Ooooh. Owe.
Maid Marian: Farewell, old clodhopper!



Two Weeks Notice-- This is, in my opinion, the funniest chick flick ever. I LOVE how funny Hugh Grant's character is (shown by these many quotes).

George Wade: Before you came into my life I could make all kinds of decisions now I'm addicted I have to know what you think. What do you think? [holds up cufflinks]
Lucy Kelson: I think your the most selfish human being on the planet.
George Wade: Well that's just silly. Have you met everybody on the planet?

Lucy Kelson: You called everyone but Slurpee Heaven.
George Wade: That is not true. I did call Slurpee Heaven. They didn't want you. Heard you had attitude. Said you weren't "Slurpee" material.

Helen Wade: Would you like anything?
George Wade: I'd love some Milk Duds.
Helen Wade: We don't have any, I could send out for one.
George Wade: Oh, no, don't be ridiculous. If you're going to send out, get a whole box.

George Wade: And did you tell Billy you loved him? Did you say, 'Billy, I love you'?

George Wade: This apartment is amazingly small. [walks off]
George Wade: [comes back] It's a good thing your parents went to the movies, we would never have been able to squeeze in. [walks off]
George Wade: [comes back] Did you know it only takes me six seconds to walk across the entire apartment? Watch. [walks off]


A movie with lots of red-headed Irish boys fighting each other. What more could you want in a movie? Another one that is SOOO SOOOO funny.

[to Tim who's in a tree]
Geronimo: You're gonna have to come down sometime.
Tim: I'm gonna have to pee sometime and I know where I'll be aimin'.

Fergus: That's right, don't show your ugly mugs, the shock would sink our boat.

Little Con: [after being given some whiskey] One for the road?
Big Con: My brother, he's as drunk as a skunk.


A clasic. I just love it. Every time she jumps, I yell "Close your eyes!!" but she never does. I remember the first time I watched this movie when I was little, my sister Amy was on lesson for FHE. She said, "My lesson is on perseverence," and then we watched the movie.

Marie: You poor thing. Who does your hair?
Sonora: Well, I do.
Marie: Sonora, you have to be extremely careful with your appearance. I mean, having no natural beauty of your own you really need to help yourself.

Doctor Carver: Can you shovel manure?
Sonora: Manure just happens to be my specialty.

Clifford: [to Sonora] Thanks for... spittin' on me.

11 comments:

Kami said...

Hey Kayli, loved your movies, loved the quotes. Did you happen to see if you could buy Robin Hood? It would be worth whatever grocery money sacrifice I'd have to make.

Kami said...

Never mind, I looked it up on Amazon and it's selling for $45. Ouch.

Andrea said...

$45!!!! That's highway robbery. I wonder if Little John is behind it.

Kerry said...

Oh, Willow! Brings back such memories! I used to watch this movie everytime I went to baby-sit for this one family. Actually, I would alternate between Willow and The Princess Bride.Love it! And Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken.Good stuff.

Lynn said...

Okay. I must get out more. I have never seen these. I'm looking up the trailers right now. They look good.

Christal said...

Oh my gosh my favorite movie ever is wild hearts can't be broken helps that al is hot right!! I love that movie I'll have to check the others out!!

The Haws Family said...

Thats was awesome. The drunk as a skunk quote does not at all show the hilarity that I find every time I hear it! Good quotes. Fun, fun. I have never seen Crazy in Alabama, but I think that would be a great reward to completing a test this weekend!:)

Twylla Gibbens said...

I haven't seen some of those movies in a long while, I might have see them again.

Amy said...

Ooo! If we lived closer together we could definately watch movies together, your list includes some of my faves. I've never seen War of the Buttons, but now I want to. Two Weeks Notice is the only chick flick Todd will watch more than once because it's so funny!

kaylani said...

You should watch Failure to Launch. Pretty funny chick flick that even my husband liked!

Rachael said...

oh fun! i love reading about what other people like. btw, is that the errol flynn robin hood?

and have you seen "music and lyrics?" i adore hugh grant movies, and that one is right up there. so fun, even though drew barrymore is not my favorite.

and i must second "failure to launch," as my chick flick-hating husband also laughed through the entire thing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails