Sunday, April 26, 2015

Tractor, cute kids, trampoline, schedule

So a few more quick catch-up pictures.

Talmage was lseeping like this one night.  Silly boy.


Before Stake Conference last week.  Jethro isn't in the pictures because he was late getting up and then he was doing chicken chores right up until the last minute.



We had a boy and his mother over for Sunday dinner because someone mentioned they knew a kid who spoke German because he is from Germany, so I wanted to have them over for the kids to speak with.  And they were really really nice and they built a tower out of duplos and they spoke German.  Sometimes.  When we reminded them to.


We got a trampoline.  $20 for a 15 ft. trampoline on Craigslist.  Pretty sweet.



Our ducks and chickies are growing.



 I ADORE Talmage's writing!!  This one says "I recycle paper.  I recycle bottles."


And this one is my favorite.  It says, "I drove my truck through the mud."


And on his birthday, Brett bought a tractor because he thinks he is a farmer.


We can mow the lawn with it and grade the road, so it will definitely be handy.



Talmage being cute.







Orrin and Wyatt being such good helpers.



Just for the sake of record-keeping, here is a run-down of the last two weeks' activities:

Monday (13) - ran around picking up chicks and chickens (and one duckling), Brett and I had a meeting with two life insurance reps so we can start being responsible adults
Tuesday - dentist appt for me and Ethne, Brett and Jethro went to something in the evening, I had pack meeting to go to (took the other kids)
Wednesday - Visiting teachers came, Jethro baseball practice, Talmage soccer, Jethro and I optometrist appt.
Thursday - Enrichment
Friday - Jethro baseball practice
Saturday - went and looked at the tractor and bought it, Brett leadership session stake conference, Jethro baseball game, Brett and I adult session stake conference, went out to dinner with a few other couples afterwards
Sunday - Stake Conference, Henri and his mom over for dinner
 Monday - Jethro baseball game
Tuesday - YM and Activity Days
Wednesday - Orientation piano lessons for Hazel and Jethro (luckily I found someone who seems great who is willing to come to my  home to give the lessons), Talmage's last soccer
Thursday - Hazel and I had mother-daughter bookgroup
Saturday - pick up Jethro's glasses, Brett, Hazel, Ethne, Talmage, ward service project all morning, 2:00 nurse came to draw blood, etc. for Brett and I as part of the life insurance process, 5:30 Jethro baseball game

And somewhere in there I planted peas, planted an apple tree, Brett's been working on shelves for a linen closet, taking apart his tractor to fix something on it, building a little PVC pipe chicken run, call about getting different lessons set up, and obviously normal things like getting groceries and cooking and cleaning, and so on.  And also (just to keep things in perspective), I still have several duffle bags of clothes on my floor in my room, waiting to be unpacked and sorted into closets and dressers.  I don't know when (or if?) that will ever happen.

I realize that this is a very normal, every-week type of schedule for a lot of people.  But I am not a lot of people.  And it feels kind of crazy to me.  But it is getting better actually and I am not feeling so crazy.   Only about a month left of school. 

 Okay dokey that is all.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails