Thursday, April 23, 2015

Chocolate Ducks and Gardens and Stuff


I love these pictures from a while ago of my two funny boys being so cute and silly.





Gobblers.  We see them pretty much every day.


 But when they come close it's still exciting!


One day I went to the tractor supply store and had to get two chocolate ducks.  Because they're so cute and little and fluffy and chocolatey!  But also because they are Khaki Campbells which is the kind I wanted in the first place, but the other store where I got my other ducks and chickens didn't have that kind.  (I should have just not bought them, but I was silly.)



Always so so exciting to see leaves appearing!


Cute Jethro looking like he's strangling the ducks but of course he's really not.






I gotta say--ducks are fun.


The new ducklings looked SOOO tiny in comparison with our much bigger pekins, but it's crazy because NOW, as in today, the pekins are GINORMOUS compared to this.  Pekins grow like crazy I tell you.



We borrowed a tiller and Brett tilled us up a patch.



The (now much too small) chicken coop.




We went to a farmer neighbor and asked him if he had any manure and he did, so we got a couple truckloads and put it in our garden.




It wasn't actually a warm enough day for this, but what can you do? :)








And then one Sunday I was taking a nap, and when I woke up I looked out the window to see where everyone was, and I saw this and practically squealed in delight because it was the cutest thing in the world.  (And now it's so normal for me to see the ducklings out waddling that it's just ordinary, but still cute.  But that was the first time.)
















2 comments:

mckait said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!

Such a soft and lovely blog, family, and ducks :)

Thank you for allowing me to peek in, so many smiles for me!

(Kathleen from the library)

The Haws Family said...

Your life seems so idyllic and beautiful. It also reminds me why I dislike city living so much. I can practically breathe better just by looking at your pictures! That chicken coop is so adorable. Nice job. Also, I know you are crazy busy but you need to take more pictures!!!! Of your house, of your downstairs, of your kids going off to school, of their practices and games and your piano and, and, and....haha. I miss you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails