Monday, May 16, 2011

We stomped on Mom and Dad!

So, two different nights while my Mom and Dad were here, we played Rook.  And both nights, Brett and I WHOMPED them!  Yeah, including my getting a 300 hand (with the assistance of Brett for the very last hand—in fact I looked down and Dad had played his 14 of black and I was like, NO!, but then I saw that Brett had played the 1 of black woohoo!).  Dad told me I’d better not post about it on this here bloggy, and threatened me with bodily harm and taking me out of the will, so of course it was the first thing I had to tell.
We had a fabulous time.  We got to eat LOTS of chocolate, cheese, and wursts, among a few other good things.  But mostly cheese.  YUM. 
My ward had a breakfast on Sunday morning for Mother’s Day, and Mom and Dad got here just in the nick of time to come to that.  Then after church we went into Bern and showed them around our turf.
IMGP8642 IMGP8645 IMGP8656 IMGP8663 IMGP8679 IMGP8682 IMGP8688  IMGP8693 IMGP8696 IMGP8698 IMGP8705 IMGP8707 IMGP8708 IMGP8711 IMGP8712 IMGP8718 IMGP8720 IMGP8724

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I love the pic of Dad reading to Hazel. Awesome. Mom looks beautiful, as always. I need her back. The INSTANT she went away numerous desperate situations arose that required Mom's knowledge. Like mold. What to do, what to do. I second Lindsay--I don't trust the internet (or anything else except the scriptures) as much as Mom.

I'm glad you had a good time!

Missy said...

Hey, I know this is random BUT...
Ben and I went to church in Vienna and there was this family with 4 redheaded kids and I could only see them from behind so I swore it was your family. (It was an international English ward, so what are the odds?)
But it wasn't.
Anyway, your identical twins live in Vienna.

Related Posts with Thumbnails