Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Another Day (not sure which, I lost track)

So actually I think it was Tuesday, because it was Tuesday morning that Brett and I and Mom and Dad went to the temple.  (It’s kindof fun going and never being sure how to say hello to the man at the front desk – it could be English, French, Italian, German...  Our session was in French this time (though of course the headsets for translation are always available.))  So that was wonderful of course.
Then we went to the Cailler Chocolate factory.  Mmmm, Cailler chocolate is GOOOOOD.  I am eating some right this second –with almonds in it (which I have decided is my favorite in chocolate, hazelnuts are definitely edible, but almonds are divine) and it’s DELICIOUS. 
IMGP8960 IMGP8961
We watched these being made
IMGP8962
and then we ate some.  (ha ha, look at Jethro pocketing some.  I let them each have two.  Which I regretted after getting to the next room, the sampling room.)
IMGP8963
Then we got to sample a million different kinds of chocolates.  (This blurry picture is the best I got of the sample trays—it was a room with a square countertop area filled with these trays on all sides of the square.)  Before we went, someone told us that it’s impossible to try every single kind of chocolate.  I scoffed at them.  It’s so true.  It’s so much rich, delicious, smooth chocolate so quickly, that I couldn’t try it all.  But it was sure AWESOME trying!
 IMGP8965
Then we went to Murten and walked around the city wall.  I’ve been there twice before and have pictures from both times, so I wasn’t going to take more pictures, but then I couldn’t resist.  The rooftops are so cool.IMGP8968 IMGP8976 IMGP8984
OH THIS BABY IS SOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!  (Can you believe he’s a descendent of that man above?!)  I loooove him!
IMGP8994
Then we walked down to the lake and enjoyed being around the water.   We like water.   (Don’t worry, this time no one took off their clothes.)  :)
IMGP9001 IMGP9003
I happened to read on the Switzerland tourist website that this is a fabulous place to watch sunsets, but we didn’t really get a sunset.  It was weirdly dark straight across from us, and a little lighter to the other sides.  It was really cool, but made it a bit tricky to take pictures.
IMGP9007 IMGP9010 IMGP9015 IMGP9016 IMGP9025 IMGP9027 IMGP9033 IMGP9037 IMGP9041 IMGP9044       
Then we stopped at a pizza place and were treated quite royally- people don’t see such “large” families here.  :)  The owner and his wife were from Turkey and they asked about us and I held Talmage and Ethne up to watch the guy roll out the pizzas and put everything on, and he handed them pieces of ham. :)  Then the lady gave us some bread to try – just for free.  And when we started eating they asked if we liked American pizza or their pizza better.  We told them theirs- and it’s true, they were fantastic!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Is the secret motive behind this blog to make everyone who reads it unable to resist the urge to hop on a plane and come visit? I've been more and more jealous of your parents each day this week!

Kristi said...

I am going to call a travel agent tomorrow. - but only if you take me to that chocolate factory!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you got some great shots of Mom and Hazel (the ones where they are alone.) And of course, I'm jealous of the chocolate.
Kami

Related Posts with Thumbnails