Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Easter eggs and other listed items.

1.  So, Easter came and went- quickly.  I’ve been seeing all these fabulous family pictures with everyone in their church clothes and Easter dresses and I totally didn’t even think of that beforehand.  What?  Miss an opportunity to buy the girls new dresses?!  :)  But the kids got some Easter candy and we did play with eggs.  I bought a different kind of dye kit, you put the dye in “special rice” and shake it and looks kinda neat. 

IMGP8347 

IMGP8348 

IMGP8349 

IMGP8359

2.  Orrin is cute.  See all that fuzzy hair on top of his head?  I buzzed it off.  Now he’s bald.  But still adorable as ever!

IMGP8357  

See?  Nice face- hee hee.  :)

IMGP8555 

3.  Beautiful rainbow.

IMGP8515 

4.  Ethne brought in these flowers and put them into our drinking cups.  I thought they looked really neat.

IMGP8521 

IMGP8524 

Oh the cuteness of that face!!!!  Such a cutie-head.  Mmmm- I love him!

IMGP8527 

IMGP8528 IMGP8532 IMGP8535

  IMGP8549 IMGP8553

5.  I’ve been trying to get everything ready for when my parents come in THREEEEEEEEE days!!!!!!   Aaaaaaahhh- I am soooo excited!!!  So so so so so so so so so so excited!  Except I’m almost NOT wanting them to actually get here, because then I know it will go by so quickly and then they’ll be gone.   Oh well, I guess that can’t really be avoided.

But I have been cleaning my house- really deep-cleaning in anticipation of their coming.  And because, like a child, it’s not enough for me to just have the satisfaction of doing something, I also need to tell others just what I’ve accomplished, I will now tell the world (insomuch as the world reads my blog) what I have done so far.

1- washed windows (not all yet) 2- washed the table and chairs (all the legs and everywhere) 3- taken things out of my cupboards and washed the inside and outside of them (at such times I am grateful for my small kitchen) 4- washed my fridge (at such times I am grateful for my small fridge) 5- washed out my oven (mostly- I didn’t have oven cleaner, so I just did the best I could) 6- cobwebbed the whole house 7- cleaned all the greasy gross gunk out from the fan-area above my stove

6.  I talked to my sister Andrea on the phone the other day and told her that I was having a hard time knowing just how much to do because if I cleaned things too soon, it wouldn’t be clean anymore by the time Mom and Dad got here.  But obviously if I don’t do enough, I’ll run out of time before I get to everything.  She agreed that it was a substantial dilemma.   Then a different day I called my sister Kami and told her that I was annoyed with myself because I had been wasting time doodling around doing whatever, and then as SOON as I finally buckled down to get to work, Orrin would wake up.  That happened to me several times in the last while.  After I told her that, she said to me in a very serious voice, “That scenario has never happened to me.”  I told her I was never calling her again.  Ha ha!  Potlicker.

7.  Brett is gone tonight to a conference type thingee in the French-speaking part of Switzerland.  I can’t remember the name of the city- Mourier?  Anyhow, he’ll be gone tonight, probably tomorrow night, and Thursday night.  And Thursday is our anniversary.  How rude.  Oh well, we’re celebrating later.

8.  So Brett has wanted to put an application in to a job in the States, and I kept telling him and telling him to start working on it –he had to write a philosophy of teaching and a research interests statement.  And he put it off forever, and finally he had to really work on it and he kept moaning and whining and said, ‘Why didn’t I do this sooner?”  Luckily, we have connections and my dad will read it and he said he’ll have a friend of his in the engineering department read it too.  Awesome.  I was instant messaging a friend of ours tonight (because he and his wife are going to visit us in June- I’m so excited!) and I told him about Brett saying ‘How can I have a philosophy of teaching if I’ve never taught?” and Carlos said, “Do elders quorum lessons count?  Cause he did a great job with those.”  And then he said, “He should just say his philosophy is to teach by the spirit.”  Ha  ha.  It totally made me laugh.

9.  Speaking of instant messaging with people, I was messaging with my sister-in-law Lindsay Ann tonight too, and she was asking me about something that she would like Wyatt to maybe buy for her, and she said, “Maybe I should just use your trick.”  And I said, “What trick is that?”  And she said, “You know, ask for it right before going to bed with him.”  Ha ha, now that she mentions it, I do remember giving her that advice once upon a time.  Works like a charm.  :)

10.  Why can’t Talmage just potty train himself, like Ethne pretty much did?

11.  Why did Brett think it was a good idea to put Talmage in underwear for church on Sunday, thereby making it necessary for us to have to bring him to church in sweat pants after he had an accident in his only church pants (and only other pair of clean pants) before we even left the house?

12.  Why does H&M only do crazy huge sizing gaps?  I was looking for a t-shirt for Talmage, and they have size 1-2 or 2-4.  2-4?  I think there’s a bit of difference between the size of a 2-year-old and a 4-year-old.  It irks me.  

13.  Why can’t anyone seem to make the perfect t-shirt that is nice-looking, not too tight, not too short, not too low-cut, and not too loose?  Actually, Target did make some perfect ones a few years ago.  I kept looking every summer to see if they’d come out again, but they didn’t.  Not exactly the same.  If I could go back in time I would buy a million of them. 

Okay, I’m off to bed.  Goodnight.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails