Saturday, August 22, 2009

enjoying Utah pictures

This was our attempt at a hike. It was a disaster. The kids no likey hiking that day. So we turned around and went home, but still got a couple pictures.

Dirty kid. But cute.


Fresh from Indiana, I find mountains very awe-inspiring.



Brett dressed up for an interview and I couldn't keep my eyes off him the rest of the day. I didn't let him change back into regular clothes. Mmmm-mmm.

Wow he's hot.
Helping shuck the corn.



I'm thinking my genes didn't really get to Hazel. She's looking quite a bit like her daddy.
How to get even hotter? Add a horse.
Awww--what a good-lookin' fellow. (And Fahs Elle, mi caballo favorito.)
smoochie.
My sister Lindsay and her friend Aleesha (behind her--the one getting married fyi).
Brett liked doing wheelies on his nephew's little motorcycle. The same little motorcycle I crashed in October. But who remembers that.
The birthday dinner. Man, it was good. Steak, corn on the cob, salmon, marinated chicken, macaroni salad, and these surprisingly delish cheesy hotdogs.
My lovely and brilliant oldest sista, Megan.

Happy birthday to the cutest 1-year-old ALIVE!!! (we neglected his birthday in the move)

The fantabulous pirate cake my sister Andrea and her hubby Tim created for the occasion. They are amazing.
Look at those teeth!--that was my favorite part.

My sista Megan gave me my long-dream-of pirate party. She got eye-patches and weapons for everyone. It was soooooooooooooo awesome.


I love Andrea's hair.
I love Hazel's pirate scowl. Ha ha!

It was a party for me, Tim (we share the same awesome birthday-- with Pres. Monson too), Jethro (who was also sorta neglected in the traveling and move. His presents are in a box somewhere in the trailer), and Talmage.
Here're some of the cousins waiting for cake.




Brett pulled his motorcycle off of the trailer to go for some rides.


My dad hopped on for a ride too. I think it was more so mom could ride behind him than for the actual riding.
And the cutest kid this side of the everywhere.
Tonight Brett and I played against Mom and Dad in Rook. I had an amazing hand, and Dad remarked as I was raking in everyone's cards, "Shoot, she's doing exactly what I taught her--the little stinker." :) He said there was a certain joy in losing because he knew he'd taught me well. (I led everyone out of trump.) I wish I could say it was a 300 hand, but we were one hand short. No pointers though.

The end.

7 comments:

Gigi said...

I love all the pictures Kayli! I can "feel the love" of your family. So glad you're living close to them now and can enjoy being together more. Looks like the pirate party was awesome. The picture with Jethro looking at the cake with his mouth open is priceless. Keep updating so we can see what and how you're all doing. We miss you! Take care and happy birthday!

Christal said...

seriously you have the cutest and funnest family ever looks like your enjoying where you are at the moment waiting eh!! Love all the pics! Fun memories!

Lindsay Ann Rasmussen said...

kayli you need to take some pics of me and wyatt before you go off galavanting in the alps or something crazy like that!!

Kristi said...

awesome cake! super fun. makes me want to come live in Utah!
and an awesome rook hand is a good thing! (although I still cringe when I get delt the bird. I never know when to play it. although I am getting better!)

Tracy said...

What a fun pirate party-and an awesome cake! Glad you spent it with family.

Lynn said...

Looks like you two are having some great fun being close to your family again. What an AWESOME family birthday party. And that cake! Andrea is SO talented.

Oh...and hope you don't mind....but I agree with you about Brett looking great in his interview clothes. Very nice. : D

Looks like summer is ending with MUCH happiness for you all. Oh Happy day, eh!?

Kris said...

You are so funny when you write all those sassy things about your hubby! So cute. Looks like you are enjoying being around your family (of course!) and before I forget - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! What a fun pirate cake! Loved the picture of the lone sunflower! Any news yet on where your future lies? :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails