Thursday, August 27, 2009

And the answer is.....


Okay, I'll take pity and tell you the answer. Dah dah dah DAAAAAH!!!

The answer is C. I am not pregnant. (But thanks for all the congratulations anyway. ;) )

Which means WE ARE MOVING TO SWITZERLAND!!!! I am very excited.
Brett would have taken the job at Utah State, but they didn't end up offering it, so we had to decide whether or not to go to Switzerland. We did a lot of homework, asked a lot of questions, and then jumped.

It's a post-doc, so a two-year position. Brett will be a researcher at the University of Bern, studying computer-aided surgery.

On our to-do list--
get passports for me and the kids (while we're waiting, we'll stay with my parents and Jethro and Hazel will go to school for a while there)
put our stuff in storage at Brett's parents' house
go through the boxes of clothes to pull out the things we want to take with us (it really is too bad we didn't know we were moving to Switzerland when we were packing)
find a place to live
other varied and headache-inducing errands and decisions
Please come visit us in the Alps! It will be awesome!

And to clarify, after Grade 11 I had all the credits required at my high school for graduation but they wouldn't graduate me because it was against policy. Whatever. So I went to Utah State and had a year done when I married Brett. After that I finished a high school correspondence class through the state and they gave me a diploma. So technically, I was married before I graduated from high school. Yes, tricky I know. :)

14 comments:

Steve and Katrina said...

oh Kayli, I new you had to be being tricky but I couldn't figure out how. Steve and I were studying your post to see if you said anything in a tricky way but couldn't figure it out.

Well, I'm kind of glad you aren't pregnant and moving to a another country because I think that wouldn't be very fun. But since you said it is two years I have a feeling you most likely will being have a kid there. I'm so excited to see what beautiful pictures you take in Switzerland. I'm jealous.

The Holdaway's said...

It is beautiful there having visited there in the past - I'm totally jealous!

Charlotte said...

That is awesome! What an adventure! If I'm in Switzerland in the next two years. I'll stop by!

Just think of all the cool things you'll be able to photograph! :0)

Maren said...

You are totally sneaky, Kayli. And now I totally want to go to Switzerland with you. Can Cole and I hide in one of your suitcases?

Alisha Erin said...

VERY COOL. My family does reunions there every few years--we will actually be there in 2011, right near Bern--and we love it. Expensive, but so cute. And (obviously) the hiking is great. woo hoo! :)

beSlightlyAskew said...

If Jason is making any money within the next two years I think we need to come see you for our 10th anniversary. That would be awesome. You are going to have a blast! I'm jealous, too.

Tracy said...

oh, you are tricky!

Switzerland is very beautiful-they have the cutest cows-cute, wet noses, and those darling bells around their necks, etc.

it is very expensive. I hope you have an awesome time!

Christal said...

I am so jealous that is awesome congrats!!!! How exciting good luck getting everything ready to go!!! Love the pictures wow!!! fun times can't wait to read all about it!!

Steve and Katrina said...

so I just re-read my comment and realized that it sounded kind of mean saying I'm glad you aren't pregnant. You know I didn't mean it in a mean way,right?.

Kris said...

OK, so I THOUGHT I knew the story of you being married so young, and now that you explained it I think I remember you telling me all those details. Anyway, how exciting! And especially knowing that its only temporary! Wouldn't pass up an opportunity like that! You are going to have so much fun. And I wouldn't be surprised if you had another one (baby I mean) when you were there either! ;) Have you started brushing up on your Swiss, or whatever they speak? Is it German maybe?

Heather S. said...

Congratulations Kayli. It would have been fun to have you here in Logan, but maybe there will be an opening after Switzerland. What an amazing opportunity this will be for you.

Lynn said...

WOW!! That is SO cool! I have always wanted to go to Europe. What a beautiful place you will live in. What an adventure.

Polly said...

I am so excited for you- Becky and I will be in Europe next summer with all the kiddos. So maybe we meet in the swiss alps? Or Becky and I will find our way to Switzerland. I am so excited for you- what an adventure!

Polly said...

I meant to write the French Alps (Our favorite all time vacation spot).

Related Posts with Thumbnails