Monday, June 28, 2021

Zion Day 2, Buckskin Gulch and torches, Dec 2020

 The second day of our trip we drove all the way to Buckskin Gulch.  Which means we drove through Zion and through the tunnel, 




and through Kanab.


Then we hiked through Buckskin Gulch all day.























Did a little climbing.










We got home when it was already dark, so while we were waiting for dinner to cook I let them light up the torches I had made (because I am the best mom ever) by wrapping dowels with some burlap and wiring it on.  Then we soaked them in kerosene and lit them up.  It was super cool. (Okay, so I got the idea from a someone who lives in Switzerland who had made a gift ideas list and one of the items on it was a handheld torch. They sell torches in Switzerland, but not in the US. Surprise, surprise.)










The kids all said they were fire-benders.






1 comment:

kami said...

I love all the Buckskin Gulch pictures and of course the torches are AMAZING. But I think my favorite picture was of Ethne taking a picture. Anyway, glad you guys had fun.

Related Posts with Thumbnails