Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Family Pictures at Antelope Island Sept. 2019

After much planning and stressing about getting a good day that Brett would be back in Utah and Jethro could come home from BYU and LOTS of stressing over outfits (I'm sorry, but it is honestly really hard with 9 people!), we finally met up with Amber, our friend from Pittsburgh who moved to Utah about a year or so before us, and who is a photographer on Antelope Island for some family piccys.  We went a little too early and things were too bright for a while. (p.s. ages were 17, 15, 12, 11, 8, 6, and 3)





Awww, I love that one below. :)





The best one of all the kids was without Brett and I, which is sad because I wanted one with us in it to put on the wall, but still, it's dang adorable! 





Orrin, who usually smiles TERRIBLE fake smiles has so many ADORABLE pictures because we were all making him laugh, I think by throwing rocks at him.  Yeah, I don't understand either, but boys are weird.  (It was boys that threw the rocks, not me.  I was trying to tell them to throw them not so close, but that was the hilarious part right-almost getting hit in the head.  Amber was like, as long as it's only a little blood we can photoshop it out. hahaa)





Despite all of us trying to make Wyatt smile naturally, his were all horrible forced smiles.  And it's funny because he was trying SOOO hard so he could earn his reward/bribe.  And it's not really that bad, but none were really good either.  smh



Cutie.



Hazel hated her dress, but it worked for the grand scheme, so what can you do?  That's how I feel family picture outfits are--no one actually has something that's super great, everyone just has to settle for things that go together.  But I think it's fine and she's lovely.








Ethne and Jethro were both very photogenic and had great pics.




I had wanted Brett to bring different pants, but these are the ones he brought.  What can you do.  Still okay.  And, the first dress I bought and accidentally had it sent to Pittsburgh, and then instead of Brett just bringing it with him on the plane, I told him to forward it so that I would have a little while to search for a plan B dress in case I didn't like it. But then it never came.  (Legitimately never-- that dress and the dress for Hazel that was in the same package were lost forever. :(  )  Anyway, luckily I found a dress the day before when I was frantic that I liked quite a lot.  But I had a lady in my ward change the sleeves for me, because they were weird butterfly sleeves.  All these details that no one will care about... they just want to look at the lovely pictures on the beautiful shores of the Great Salt Lake.  haahaha


LOVE! 




This was the best one, but I don't know why I thought holding Wyatt would be a good idea.  Everyone voted it was too awkward, so then I had to do photoshopping to put him down.  It's okay, I just always assume I'll do some photoshopping to get everyone's best faces.  That's the beauty of technology.














Why, Jethro?  





And the final, photoshopped picture that I am really going to order a big picture of, like, this week, I promise!  (Only 8 months later.)  Anyway, success.  Super happy with this picture. :)



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails