Friday, May 6, 2016

First part of April stuff

I was lucky enough to get to have Mom visit me after Navy was born!  She came out on Apr. 5th and stayed a week.  It was beautiful.  I wanted it to be a surprise for the kids, so we tried hard to not let it slip out, but there were two or three times it got mentioned, so some of them (Hazel and Ethne) started getting a little suspicious.  But Mom's flight came in really late so we put them to bed at their normal bedtime, went and picked up Mom from the airport, and in the morning she was there!

I had put Orrin to bed in his own bed, then after he fell asleep, moved him into Talmage's bed with him and changed his sheets so that Mom could have his bed.  Then in the middle of the night, I don't know exactly what happened--but for whatever reason, Hazel realized Orrin was in their room with them so she took him and led him back to his own bedroom, pushed him in and shut the door--without realizing anyone was in his bed.  So he climbed right in and Grandma didn't get much sleep the rest of the night.  Ha ha!  :)

As I wrote on Facebook-- In the six days my mom was here she (among other things) went to the museum with us, took the kids swimming, mopped my kitchen floor, gave Ethne a piano lesson, looked every time one of the kids said "Look at this, Grandma!" and gave enthusiastic admiration, told me my baby was cute and enthusiastically admired her, mended some things that needed mending, let me sleep basically all morning after a rough night, organized my pantry and kitchen cupboard, taught us a new card game, wrote out my meal plans for the next week (oh loathed chore!), took us out for Chinese food, and the day before she left made another batch of bread, a double batch of chocolate chip cookies, and a pan of my favorite brownies. Pretty much I was spoiled rotten. ‪#‎stronglyconsideringhavinganotherbabyjustforthis‬ ‪#‎NOT‬

Here's the kids at the Science Center.









Here we are at the Chinese restaurant.  It was soooo delicious!


And here's Mom putting in cookies, you can see the bread and brownies all waiting to be eaten.






 It was such a wonderful visit.



Navy's first real outdoor excursion.  She was ecstatic, can't you tell?







We found tadpoles in a big puddle, 


so then they had to check out every puddle they passed.


Jethro in his natural habitat.




Whoa, I actually got a smile out of him--I wonder what I threatened him with.




Such a pretty girl!


Then again...


Jethro came home from TSA or something or other that he had to dress up for, so I demanded a photo.  And he did this:


and this:


There we go.



Watching conference while having a picnic.













Navy's first motorcycle ride!!  #hardcore




I don't know what that face is, but I like it.










2 comments:

Kami said...

Jethro in his natural habitat!!! Ah Ha ha ha ha! And Navy is adorable!

Lynn said...

Ah!! Navy is here! Congratulations! She is so beautiful.

Related Posts with Thumbnails