I took my beautiful almost-eight-year-old out for pictures this evening. How did this little girl who just barely had had a teeny-weenie-threenie party before we moved to Switzerland get to be so old??
Facts about Ethne:
- She is the only lefty in our family.
- She is one of the only ones in our family to not be a nail-chewer (Brett and Orrin being the other ones).
- She strangely loves red peppers and fennel.
- She loves to attach herself to older girls (teens and YSA) at church. She has done this ever since she was about two. And by attaching herself, I mean somehow sits by them in sacrament meeting because Brett's on the stand and I'm at the organ/piano and she conveniently doesn't see us pointing to her to move back to our row; she sits very close to them, holds their hands, knows what's in their purses, knows what's on their phones; gets invited to their houses for one-on-one parties, etc.
- According to reports from Hazel, she liked a boy named Cedric when she was in first grade.
- She LOOOOVES to be in the middle of everyone else's business. I can't remember the exact situation the other day, but I needed to know something about Jethro's school schedule or something like that and so I turned to Ethne and asked her, and Brett said, "Ethne wouldn't know that." And I was like, "Know about someone else's business? Oh YES she will." And Brett considered and said, "True."
- She has several good friends (Lea, Noemi, Titziano), and she often calls them up, goes to their houses, eats lunch with them, and is otherwise an EXTREMELY social creature.
- She's a chatterbox.
- She's a sleep-in girl, like myself.
- She's an original, cute, fantastic girl to have around and I love her to bits!
I am super proud of this coif' I whipped up in 2 seconds flat, without any bobby-pins or anything besides the elastic headband thingee and my fingers. And Ethne's lovely hair.
Ethne's scrunch-nose smile is the best best best!!