Saturday, January 30, 2010

Resolution Evaluation (and loverly pictures)

                I thought it would be good while it is still January to look back at my year's resolutions and evaluate how well I have done on them.  Alright.

 * graduate    - check!DSCF0921

* GET A JOB    - check!DSCF1128

* sell our house     - renting it, close enough for now!DSCF0952

* move somewhere different, preferably in the west      - I think I’ll check that one.  Switzerland counts as different, and it is in western Europe, even thought that wasn’t what I had in mind when I wrote it…DSCF1061

* become real adults      - Brett tells me that yes, we are real adults.  We have graduated (I love how I continuously steal Brett’s glory and pretend like I had something to do with graduating, ha ha!) and have a job, and we own a house (though we don’t live in it), so I suppose those are some of the criteria I had in mindDSCF0981

* get high-speed internet     - check,  HALLELUJAH!!!!!!DSCF0988

* dance around the fire when we burn our couch      -I didn’t dance, because unfortunately I was too busy to go with Brett, but he did BURN IT, yay!DSCF1060

* read some good books     - Check.  Here’s my list of favorite books read this year:  The Keeping Days and Glory in the Flower by Norma Johnston, The Beethoven Medal by K.M. Peyton, Amanda/Miranda by Richard Peck (YA version), Thursday’s Child by Sonya Hartnett,  A Gathering of Days by Joan W. Blos, A Drowned Maiden’s Hair by Laura Amy Schlitz, and The River Between Us by Richard PeckDSCF0926

* write a book    -slow and steady wins the race?DSCF1014

* maybe even SELL a book!    ---Next year, next yearDSCF1059

* take some great pictures     -check (all the pictures throughout are evidence.  Wait a minute, all these pictures were taken in 2010.  I’m still checking it though-just look at past posts for evidence.  :)  )DSCF0936

* teach Talmage how to walk     -checkDSCF1019

* train Jethro to stop wetting the bed     -checkDSCF1045

* then train Hazel to stop wetting the bed     -checkDSCF1052

* potty-train Ethne (2009--the year to save $$ on diapers!)    -check (all these were done at the beginning of the year too—it feels like so long ago. yay!)DSCF0958

* go to bed with an attractive man every night (except if he has a really good excuse, like he's at a job interview GETTING A JOB!)     -well, there were lots of nights that I didn’t sleep with him, but he always had reasons, like he was staying in Salt Lake to earn money for us.  Sheesh—excuses, excusesDSCF1050

* maybe get pregnant. or maybe not. we'll see.    -Not.  We’ll have to keep this resolution for this year too. DSCF0966

* become a responsible, organized, perfect mother and person       -Still working on it.DSCF1112

* ha ha!

2 comments:

Christina said...

wow! Bravo on your many accomplishments! And I can't believe you burned that awesome comfy couch. For shame! :)

Ginger said...

I think you should steal ALL the glory of Brett Graduating...

Related Posts with Thumbnails