Saturday, October 11, 2008

UTAH!

I haven't even been here 24 hours yet, and...


Dad called Talmage "Trouble Jack"

I had 3 or 4 bowls of deLICIOUS beef stew and a couple slices of mom's homemade bread with real butter, fudge for dessert, pancakes that looked like pumpkins, a bowl of raspberries and cream, and more fudge.

Mom said, "I need to go take a shower and get dressed," and Dad said to her, "Need any help with that?"

Hazel, Jethro, and Ethne went out to help Grandpa feed the horses, got pushed on the swing, and jumped on the tramp.

It sleeted/snowed for about an hour (?!)

Dad was saying that he bought Mom a new purple bathrobe but she never wears it.  I asked why she never wears it, and he said, "I don't know, whenever I'm around she just doesn't want to wear anything."

Ethne is petrified of Uncle Ethan (though Hazel has gotten over her great fear of Uncle Ethan).

Dad entertained Hazel the whole way home from the airport by insisting that horses say moo, cows say oink, ducks say neigh, etc. etc.

Mom has done more work than I've done in the last month.

I slept on the comfiest mattress ever, which used to be mine.

Jethro had a pillowfight with Grandpa.

We made another batch of fudge  :)



It's so nice to be here. 

5 comments:

Steve and Katrina said...

OH I'm jealous. I wish I could go home to my parents house. What a nice break you will have. People to take care of your kids and entertain them and someone to cook for you. That is what I always love about visiting home.

Have fun....I can't wait to hear more about your trip.

Oh, and I forgot to tell you about the apples we picked. We mostly just eat them but I was thinking of trying to can some apple pie filling or maybe try apple butter or jelly. I've never really had any of those so we'll see. So far we've eaten a ton though!

PerkinsClan said...

Stop! You're making me jealous!

Lynn said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!

Your dad hasn't changed a bit!

Isn't visiting back home just the best???!

I can't wait. It's thanksgiving weekend up here and we are headed back home! YAY!

Amy said...

Oh, there really is no place like "home"! Enjoy your trip!

Kirsta and Morian said...

how long are you gonna be in utah? where are your parents living these days? it'd be great to try and hook up and see you! let me know if you have a chance! call me- 801-602-1712!

Related Posts with Thumbnails