Monday, February 27, 2023

Some pictures from Ethne's lost phone.

 So when we were traveling on the night bus from Huaraz back to Lima, Ethne lost her phone. I think another passenger turned it in, but anyway, it did get turned in, and they knew what seat it was on, so they were able to email me and say that they had it at the office and we could pick it up. By that time we were in Cusco, so I said, well- can we pick it up when we come back in another 2 months in December? And they said okay. So Ethne was very sad not to have her phone (basically camera), but more relieved to at least be able to get her new-to-her phone back at all. 

Just yesterday I went through her pictures and picked some out that I wanted. And now I'll have to share them all here in a lump, even though that's out of order, because I don't want to go back through and try to put them in correct order. 

On the one hand, it's super fun to have some pictures from another perspective, that I didn't get. But on the other hand, I'm a little bit glad she lost her phone, so there are fewer pictures to have to go through considering I have thousands just of my own! 

But I wouldn't have this gem. (Actually this is clearly not from Peru at all, but still a gem.)






I think this may have been our very first flight, from SLC to Denver.




And then I'm guessing this was in Denver while we were trying to figure out our next move after things being changed.



The guy who changed our flights also gave us food vouchers which was really nice to help offset the cost of the extra night just a little. Here we are waiting for our hamburgers. 


And in Lima! I am so photogenic!


A picture of Talmage sleeping with his arm around Hazel. hahaha


And just about ready to board the bus to Huaraz-- they gave us these little paper bags with a few snacks in them. Not enough to last us, and I hadn't bought enough food at the market, and we were probably dehydrated too.


Some pictures from the window of the bus on our way to Huaraz. Crazy stuff.



This picture is good to remember how many many MANY dogs there are just EVERYWHERE in Peru.


On our hike to Laguna Hualcacocha.


The lake right before our campsite.




First glimpse of Laguna 69.





More gems that I wouldn't have had--and just how would I have done without them?



And I feel like her pictures of Laguna Paron were just better than mine. Like her phone camera captures the true color better. I don't know. Maybe I'm imagining things, but either way, it's all good to have more pictures of pretty blue water.



Look-- it's me. :)







There, now you know the name of the restaurant in Huaraz that was super duper duper great.


And then she lost her phone, so no more pictures until the flight home. :)



And some other random ones since then.




Apparently this is in seminary. She and Talmage have it together, and she had a foods class before it wherein she made crepes, so she brought them to Talmage.







No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails