Wednesday, February 26, 2020

First part of August, goodbyes to Pennsylvania

The first half of August was our last time in Pittsburgh.  So there was lots of packing and stress, and lots of getting together for the last times with friends.
 
Our friends invited us to lunch and to slide on their gigantic slip-n-slide in their backyard.

Talmage and Zach:





Navy and Kainoa:


Haha!


Meanwhile, Jethro was in Utah for a while, then he went to Idaho and stayed over at my cousin Kandi's house until he left for OFY the next day.  They went to Bear World or something like that, and she sent me these pics of him from there.



Then my friend Mary, whose husband helps run OFY, found Jethro there and sent me this picture that I love.  He really had a great time at OFY and so it was totally worth my short-term job as a dishwasher.  :)


Hazel and her darling friends, Kaitlin and Eliza.


Navy and Kainoa.  They really MUST get married, because we have so many gems for their wedding video.  haha.






On August 1st I had to commemorate Swiss National Day at least by taking a couple pictures.


I took pictures of Talmage wearing this shirt so I could compare them with him as a tiny kid wearing his shirt (which was worn by Navy, above).






I adore that his expressions are the same now as they were when he was 2 and a half. 







Brenda and I went on a last ride together. It was beautiful, and Pittsburgh is crazy green.  But I miss Brenda. :'(


Brenda's happy place. :)



Why'd I get such an ugly horse.  I protest.








Last time playing baseball with my people.  :(  :(  :(   The kids playing in the dugout.


Kai and Hazel.


I always tried to encourage everyone to hit it over the fence by saying I'd buy them icecream if they did.  This particular time Aaron and Cam hit it over (both Jordan and Jim were sooo close, like, hitting the fence close, but not quite), so we actually really went and got icecream afterwards.  It was soooooo fun!!






I love baseball with these guys!


Orrin and his friend and one of our closest neighbors, Kamdon.  This was the best kid!  I miss Kamdon and Brook!  :(


My dear friend.  She helped calm me through a lot.  She has had such a rough time the last few years, but she is so kind-hearted and when I'm with her I feel peaceful. 





This is her showing Brett the specifications of the house he will build for her on our property.  Or the top level of Brett's shop, whichever.  Because I refuse to not live close to her!!!!





How could we leave these people?!?!?!





The ward had a little going-away potluck for us.  We didn't think to get a picture until a lot of people had left, but it was so nice.  So many people have been so wonderful and kind to us.  Even a guy who just came to volleyball sometimes, but not church ever, made a point to come, and he brought a cake... I was quite surprised and touched.  



I called Brenda up one night and said "let's go on an adventure tomorrow." So she said okay, not knowing what I had in mind.  I took her to the old bridge to climb.


She looks tough here, right?  She was, in fact, freaking out because she's a lot more afraid of heights than I realized.  haha.


She made a valiant effort for me, and then was like, yeah, I'll wait for you here.  :)








So I climbed up.  It was awesome.  Why do I love climbing so much?  It's just exhilarating.






Then we went to Donut Falls.



And got doughnuts.


We usually met up to swap kids with the Bauers at Linbrook, since we live so far apart.


The trailer we bought for the move in an mostly-empty state.


Ethne and friends.


(A terrible, sunny picture of) Me and Emily.  She brought me coffee crisps from Canada --what a friend!!


Funny girls!








My volleyball people!!  Oh, MAN, I miss them!!!


Volleyball nights were the very very very best.  So silly.  So crazy.  So much fun.  My favorite sport! (along with baseball and playing catch with a football) Just a break from adult life.  I can't describe it, but I loved it so much.







Another going-away party at Brenda's house.  We miss the Bauers!


Kigins too!


And my friend, who I don't have to be sad about, because she's going to move to Utah right by me!!!




Early morning of packing day--still smiling (not for very long... I hid in the bathroom and cried that day...but only once).


KIND people came and helped us pack--I shudder to think what the day would have been like without Jim and Bishop Bradshaw trying to diffuse the tension. But things did get packed, and the day did end eventually.



We slept at Brenda's that last night.  (Geez, I am so making myself legit sad right now!)




The Rogers (I love Sheila!  Did I ever tell on here about the time I accidentally dropped Jethro off at her house for carpooling to seminary at 3:15 am instead of 6:15 am?  That was a good time.. ooops!!) brought a meal for us.  It was delicious.


Our last pictures with them. :(



And then Brenda went to church and we went back to our house to start the trek to Utah.  She sent me these pictures from her doorbell thingee that I had no idea my kids did.

 

 



Goodbye Pittsburgh house.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails