Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thursday 13

1. Thanksgiving was fabulous. There was so much yummy food! Including dressing and gravy and this pie that Kami made where the crust was made with blended pecans, then a layer of caramel, then more pecans, then a layer of chocolate. It was like a giant turtle. It was divine.

2. Kami also brought parsnips. Because she's cool like that.

3. After we ate our feast, we went on a walk at the Botanical Gardens. Brett mentioned how good it smelled, and Kami agreed. Then I said I liked it too (because I have to be a joiner sometimes) and I said that if they put that smell in a candle I would buy it. And Brett said, "Yes, what a nice candle it would be....decayed leaves."

4. Today I was a bad mom and woke up late, thus making Jethro late for school. Lately Brett has been home a little later in the mornings and got him off, plus he usually wakes up earlier. Anyway, the weird thing was, I was dreaming about getting him ready for school. I was in the middle of doing his hair and wondering why the gel was so different when the real Jethro came in and woke me up. Kinda reminded me of when you're a little kid and you dream about getting up and going to the bathroom, so you go to the bathroom, and wake up to find you're not in the bathroom.

5. Talmage is the sweetest boy ever. Seriously, he is the best baby. So so good. I love love love love love him.

6. My brother Derek's wife Brooke had her baby last night. It was a scheduled induction, so we were all waiting for the news. My sister Andrea posted on our family website "Why is there not any information on Gabe yet?" They were having a boy and naming him Gabriel--so that he and their other son Gideon could be called Gid and Gabe. Derek wrote back "Because Brooke had a 8lb 10 oz girl at 1am, and were are still trying to digest the news and come up with a name."

7. When Kami and her family were here we watched a bunch of episodes of Myth Busters. It was fun, especially the pirate one.

8. I'm tring to make a skirt from a pair of my bluejeans that got a hole in the knees. I hope it turns out good.

10. Which reminds me, I fit into my favorite pair of jeans again--YAY!!!

11. On Saturday there was family dodgeball at the church. Kami and I introduced our 5th-grade teacher's way of playing. It is awesome. And very fun.

12. I love having a husband who is good-looking AND can fix anything in the whole entire world.

13. It snowed and we have our Christmas tree up. I love sparkly Christmas tree lights.

5 comments:

Lynn said...

No. 6 - That is hilarious!!!! Congratulations to them both!

kristine N said...

Huh. Gabrielle? My husband's cousins had the same thing happen to them with their first. Needless to say they spent many hours exchanging blue items for pink.

Tracy said...

thanks for making me laugh, again. you always word things in the perfect way. thanks.

The Nevilles would like to say... said...

That's wierd the same thing happened to me only they were going to call me Benjamin and when I turned out to be a girl it took them for ever to get a name for me until then they had called me DJ
Destinee Neville

The Nevilles would like to say... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts with Thumbnails