Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My collection.

Here it is. Finally the post I've been meaning to do for ages. My collection. Pirates.

"In an honest service there is thin rations, low wages, and hard labour. In this, plenty and satiety, pleasure and ease, liberty and power; and who would not balance creditor on this side, when all the hazard that is run for it, at worst is only a sour look or two at choking?
No, a merry
life and a short one shall be m
y motto." --Bartholomew Roberts


Plenty of blankets and burp cloths, thanks to my mom, my sister Megan, my sis-in-law Brooke, and my friend Gigi. I love them all.
My sister Amy mailed me a box after Talmage was born with seriously SOOO much pirate stuff. It was amazing and awesome. She said she'd been picking up stuff for years. Included were a kleenex box, tub toys, baby toy, dishes and plates, pajama pants, shirts, this teddy bear
and these slippers (and maybe more that I can't remember). Amy is awesome.Shirts.
This Canadian pirate one is particularly cool. It's from my sister Megan. Megan is awesome. Brett's wearing it even though he's not Canadian because it fit him a little better than me.
This was a drawing done by one of Andrea's students. Even though she spelled my name wrong, it's still cool.(In case you were wondering what the dp stands for in my e-mail, it is Dread Pirate.)

A drawing I did for a college art class.
Games. I think this particular card game was from Derek and Brooke. You guys are awesome.
From my mom for Christmas last year.
My mom gave me this pirate toy set for my umm, 19th birthday, right before we moved to Indiana.
Misc. figurines from various family members. The one on the far right was from my parents when they visited New Orleans several years ago. They also got me a t-shirt that says Pirate Pub. The two monkey ones in the middle were put on my wedding cake as a spoof from my Aunt Melodie. The flag is from Derek and Brooke when they lived on an island in the Caribbean. I'm not sure exactly about the other ones.
From Kami. She is awesome.
I love this one.
And this one.
The first pirate in my collection was given to me on my 15th? birthday by my brother Wyatt, along with a homemade raft of twigs. Wyatt is awesome. I look terrible in this picture, but I had to put it in because I no longer have that pirate. sniff sniff.
Books. My favorite is Roger the Jolly Pirate. So awesome. I believe that book is the only thing in my entire collection that I bought for myself. My family is awesome.
More books.
Oh, I guess I bought this costume. From a garage sale. Here's Hazel wearing it.
And Ethne wearing it.
Here's Wyatt and I dressed up as pirates one Halloween long ago. Wyatt kept his leg up like that almost all night. He's awesome.Hazel looking like a punk pirate.

But my favorite of all my awesome collection may have to be this awesome pacifier. So awesome. (This is Talmage by the way, I think when he was less than a month old.)

4 comments:

Lynn said...

That is AMAZING! WHat a COOL and unique collection!!!

Thanks Kayli! Thanks for sharing that. I love getting to know more about you. That was just amazing! I know I already said that....but I just had to say it again....cause it's TRUE!

Sure wish I had seen your wedding cake with the pirates on top. Aunt Melodie rocks!

Amy said...

What an awesome collection!!! So fun to see, thanks for posting! The pictures of Hazel and the ones of Talmage as "pirates" are adorable!

Anonymous said...

What ever got you interested in Pirates?

Kris said...

I had no idea you were a pirate junkie!!! Love the pacy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails