Friday, March 22, 2024

First part of may 2021

 Some more pictures from Jethro's mission. He really loved this companion, and these were some of the calls where when he would talk to me, he would be SOOO excited about the work, just on fire with enthusiasm and love.






Pretty daffodils.


I read about how to do a no-till garden, and you're supposed to put down a decomposable weed suppressor (cardboard) and layer all your good dirt on top, and then you'll have hardly any weeds to pick, and then you keep doing that year after year and supposedly it gets better and better. Well, I tried it, and I learned a few things. 1. take ALL tape off all the cardboard boxes first (or weeds will grow there), 2. it worked really quite well for the first little while. But weed seed floats on the wind, my friends, so it doesn't work super well for very long. 3. to continue the experiment I should have kept doing my layers each year, which I didn't do, so we will never know. BUT, it sure was nice that first while of that year.
The kids had a grand time helping spread out the boxes and the dirt.







I had given Brett a RC boat for his birthday just for fun, so we went down to the marina to play with it. We had to rock the dock for a while.











Cute little Orrin.



All my darling seedlings.


We pulled in to a parking lot at a store, and who should pull in right beside us, but our cousin Chez!


Also I never knew that store (the party store) had a play place until that day.


Angelic sleeping Navy.


Orrin (i.e. Brett) working on his Wright Flyer.




What was an extra super deal about this, was that Sebastian had been Wilbur Wright for his report at his school, so Kami had made an amazing costume for him, which she then gave to Orrin to wear. He looked amazing.


He did a most excellent job on his portrait, too.




I decided to party it up on Cinco de Mayo. So fun!




HAha!








HAhaa! Mariachi Wyatt strumming the guitar is the best!


Brett decorated his shop with the Swiss flag.


It was the elementary school's Mile race, and man, was it ever so much more exciting than I had anticipated!  Here's Wyatt running.


He got second place out of all second grade boys!!  Woohoo!!!!!


So cool.


And now the fourth grade boys lined up.


And they're off!



Vying for position with Cameron...


Neck and neck!! Oh the thrill!!!!



But Orrin pulled ahead! He beat Cameron, and came in Fourth place of all fourth grade boys!!! So awesome!!!!!

Ethne at ice-skating lessons.


Just trying on some dresses at Ethne's friend's house.


They've collected quite a few dance dresses over the years and loan them out. We didn't end up using any, but had a fun time trying on.



We went to Les Mis and it was incredible!!! I bought tickets for Hazel, Ethne, and Talmage, but told them they had to pay for half (which wasn't all that much because kids' tickets are quite a lot less expensive than adult) but still, Talmage was whining and complaining that not only was he being forced to go to this, which he didn't want to, he had to PAY withOUT wanting to even go in the first place!! I told him too bad and guess what? He loved it. :)


Bathroom pic.


I love it so much. Whenever I go to a different play, I'm a little sad that it's not Les Mis. haha






Codenames. My favorite.



Selfies with wyatt.







French braids.




Cool how the clouds obscured everything except a small piece of the mountains.


Shop stuff coming along.


Oooh, Trees! Very exciting. We should have bought more by now and put them in. They've grown a lot already in 3 years.






I made sure to take pictures so we can make comparisons over the years.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails