Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Castles

So I want to finish up Austria, so here are the final pictures.  This first spot is a place in Germany or Austria, frankly I can’t remember which or the name of the place or anything (okay, Brett just said Fussen), where we stopped and had coolant put in the van so we could have air conditioning.  Which is super, only it meant there was an hour to kill with Brett at the car place.  So we walked up to this castle.  It was nice, but it would have been nicer if Talmage hadn’t cried and whined the whole time because he got woken up.

IMGP0583

IMGP0586 

IMGP0594

IMGP0595

IMGP0600 

IMGP0603

And this is Neuschwanstein.  We had stopped there before when Brett’s mom and Kris and Blake were with us, but it was raining and late, so we didn’t walk up.  This time it was also a bit late, but actually a nice time because we were walking up as pretty much the whole crowd of people walked down.  We didn’t tour the castle, but it was still really cool.

IMGP0605

IMGP0615

IMGP0618

IMGP0620 

IMGP0621 

IMGP0623

IMGP0627 

IMGP0632

IMGP0635

IMGP0649

IMGP0653

And, to sum up the rest of our trip, we got to Konstanz, a city that Brett served in for 8 months when he was on his mission, it rained really hard, Ethne got sick, so pretty much Saturday was a bust, and on Sunday we went to the ward and Brett got to see some people he knew, and then we drove home.  The end.  (It was a good trip, I’m just not in a writing mood.)

5 comments:

The Holdaway's said...

I didn't know that Brett served in Konstanz! I had a good friend go to University there and I visit there about a year after I joined the church. Now my friend is in Berlin getting her PhD, but we travelled all over Germany and bits of Switzerland and Austria! My favorite was seeing the Alps across the lake on sunny days!

Charlotte said...

Wow! Those pictures are gorgeous! Germany is on our travel list and you've given me some new places to add to our "must see" list! :)

Andrea said...

I met Susan Bell on Sunday. She came out to help Luceena who had her baby on Monday. You probably already knew that.

Anyhoo--Sister Bell and I figured out we knew each other (kind of) and then I remembered Luceena and I figuring out the same thing two years ago. I'd forgotten.

In other news that proves I'm a dork--I took Luceena supper tonight but I had a homeschool meeting thingy at 4:00 so I made the supper before I left, thinking the meeting would only be 45 min max, and then it lasted until 5:30--when I told Luceena I would have her dinner ready. She didn't get her food until 6:30. I had to pick up the kids from two different babysitters and add the final touches to her meal.

I felt like an idiot. Oh well, Luceena is too nice to hold a grudge and the food was yummy. That should count in my favor.

Bye.

Lynn said...

Oh I would LOVE to see a real live castle someday.

Gorgeous pics!

Anonymous said...

Kayli - I love that castle. I remember it from Megan taking Aunt Jeannette and I. It is so beautiful there. And Ethne is cute, even in gray and Hazels pictures are the greatest. Mom

Related Posts with Thumbnails