Sunday, November 4, 2007

Pride goeth before a fall (oh, and lots and lots of pictures)

So, I sooooo mortified myself today. I was getting too cocky and WHAMMO! I got slapped upside the head for it. See, I've been doing all right on the organ lately (a lot because since the old chorister moved out of the ward, I've been able to pick the hymns, so I pick the easy(er) ones), and not practicing nearly as much as I used to, and it was all cool, but THEN today happened. We got a new chorister, she picked a harder song, a really good, rousing song, but more difficult for the organ, and I tried to get away with not practicing as much as I should. Oh, it was brutal. I seriously MASSACRED the hymn. It was really, really bad. And it was a long, 4-verse song. It started out BAD and got worse, because I kept getting more flustered and then everything went down the tubes. After it was done, I considered not returning to church until we move, which won't be all that long after all, so I'd only be inactive for a little less than a year probably. Anyway. Deep breath, and moving on. Guess who's going to be practicing the organ MUCH more faithfully now?

So, we went outside today, and I got some really fun shots! (And to think at first I was actually trying to tell myself I should just leave the camera inside for once. Pffeh--good thing I ignored myself.) The first collage is Hazel on the swing.
Love this one!


And for some unknown reason, Brett let me take pictures of him. What a looker I married. Whistle!
I don't know just what it is between these two. Maybe it's because Hazel was born on Father's Day. But anyway, they have this thing. Brett's just head over heels for her. He doesn't even try to deny it. I have so many pictures of them together, but they're just so cute. That's one of the wonderful things about getting married to someone...even after years of being together and you think you know them pretty completely, then a little girl comes along and you see a whole new side of them. He says things like "She's sooo adorable," and even the word "angel" comes out of his mouth. Did you really just say she's an angel Brett? Yes, yes he did.





And this cute guy. This picture doesn't really look like him, I think. It makes me think of a little boy from England or Ireland or something. Maybe one of the boys from War of the Buttons. (If you haven't seen that movie, you should. I'll review it in greater depth sometime soon.) Anyway, he was busy driving his jeep all afternoon. Did I tell the story of how when we were trick-or-treating, a lady opened the door dressed as a vampiress, and as we were walking back down the drive, he said, "She's beautiful. But you're the most beautiful." He always says I'm the most beautiful. The guy flatters most admirably. Thanks Jethro.

5 comments:

Ginger said...

Kayli, don't feel so bad about the Organ....I think that I used to do the same thing because of Stake or General Conference. I think that both of you were having a bit of trouble, not just you...if that makes you feel any better...but I doubt it. There's always next week....and the next....and the next...sorry, that probably doesn't make you feel better either.

Loren says he can't imagine Brett calling anyone an Angel. (And he said that with a slight twinkle in his eye)

Christy said...

War of the Buttons! I can't remember who suggested I see that movie (you?) but it was someone there in Lafayette. We loved it!

Steve and Katrina said...

I love Hazel in all her pink. She is so cute. I think that picture of Jethro is super cute but you're right, it doesn't really look like him.

I only noticed you messing up at the beginning of the song. I knew that you were going to be upset by it though. Don't worry though, I think you do an awesome job and honestly most people probably don't notice and are just glad that they aren't the ones having to play. Please come back to church- apparently Chandler wouldn't have anyone to play with if you guys weren't there. Steve told me Ethne is a klepto. I guess they have fun in EQ.

Amy said...

That little miss Hazel in a hat is just the cutest thing ever!! Love the pictures of her with her daddy too... there's something so special about the daddy/daughter relationship, I think! Sorry about your organ experience, I think that would be the scariest calling ever.. it really probably wasn't as bad as you thought!!

L said...

Kayli that was so fun to have you find me, but you didn't leave much to go on to find you...I googled Kayli and brett blog and it took me to your sister Kami's blog where I proceded to find you! Funny...oh did you find me? Anyways, your family is so darling. Tara has kept us updated on you guys too! So fun. Are you in Indiana forever? Take care!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails